• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Concealed weapon permits in Walton County

New posts
Quote: "should have to..." Really? I find your language very self-serving, if not downright insulting. This is America, remember, and free citizens should not have to be forced to do anything they do not wish to participate in. Have you heard of free choice? Let me make it clear. Virtually everybody believes that a person should have the right to own guns, but many people do not think it is a wise thing for there to be universal gun ownership. Stop promoting something that simply isn't right for everyone and isn't in the best interest of this country.
 
I think that people who are very intensively pro-gun-control/anti-gun should have to spend a few afternoons with a legal, permit-carrying, gun owner or hunter. I think people who dislike guns in general should have to go to a range with people who enjoys their firearms, and learn about them. They should HAVE TO try some marksmanship, get some hands on time, etc.

There is a very broad gap and lack of understanding that can never be spanned unless both sides share the experience. I would invite anyone who has never handled a gun to shoot clay pigeons or do some target practice with me. (Granted you are willing to listen carefully and follow instructions about safety.)
I believe every redneck in Amerikuh should own more books than guns. Shooting clay pigeons and paper targets has nothing to do with this conversation. It's about gun culture that sacrifices innocents for stupidity. Go to any gun show...it's knucklehead central. Grown men lusting after AR/AK penis extensions.
 
Hahaha. No need for foul language.

Yes, they should HAVE TO hang out with the other side of the discussion. And they should HAVE TO handle firearms, and learn about them. How can a productive dialogue occur if one side has no concept of what they are talking about? If that comment is insulting, I apologize for the ill feelings, but I don't apologize for the idea. Funny how people get all up in arms (hehe) about the issue.

"This isn't something he's done very often because of how he's standing, how he has the gun mounted," said Michael Hampton, executive director of the National Skeet Shooting Association...
 

Attachments

  • RTR3D9WX.jpg
    RTR3D9WX.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 558
Last edited:
Do you have to have an abortion to talk about abortion?
 
Do you have to have an abortion to talk about abortion?

That's a little silly, and off topic.

I suppose it would be very difficult for me to have an abortion. My opinions about that are limited to the research I've done and the thoughts shared with me by the women in my life.

I have a member of my extended family who, with her then husband, adopted 2 children- thinking she was infertile. She later became pregnant. Not wanting to place herself in a situation where she thought she (or her husband) might love her adopted children less, she had an abortion without her husband knowing. He later found out. Because of the resentment, they had a nasty divorce; and those children had to grow up with a broken family.

I know someone else whose mother was having a difficult time in marriage, and later divorced. The person was basically told that; were it not for the mother's pro-life opinions, she would have aborted the child and divorced the father much earlier.

I do think that in order to have a conversation about abortion, interested people should get all the facts, as well as have conversations with friends and loved ones about life situations. I would prefer that anyone contemplating getting an abortion be educated (up to the point of ultrasounds) on what is happening.

By the way... Did you know that economists link a drop in crime (including violent crimes) to the passing of Roe v Wade. The authors of "Freakonomics" basically state that dampening the reproductive rate in low income areas means less murders. http://www.freakonomics.com/2005/05/15/abortion-and-crime-who-should-you-believe/

Crazy, huh?

Speaking of crazy...

I would like to address the topic of the thread and the general gun debate.

Guns have been around since our nation's founding. We (include me in the "we") are currently disgusted by the outbreak of gun violence, specifically mass shootings. Would you say this is an issue of the presence of guns or an overall problem with the mental health of our nation?
 
Last edited:
I am really tired of people assuming that those who advocate common sense gun control and basic safety measures are afraid of guns or have never used one.
Guess what, I have shot a variety of guns. I learned to shoot at a young age and enjoy eating wild game and target shooting.
So now that I apparently have the necessary credentials to voice an opinion, let's do something about all the mass shootings and crazy people with guns.
 
I am really tired of people assuming that those who advocate common sense gun control and basic safety measures are afraid of guns or have never used one.
Guess what, I have shot a variety of guns. I learned to shoot at a young age and enjoy eating wild game and target shooting.
So now that I apparently have the necessary credentials to voice an opinion, let's do something about all the mass shootings and crazy people with guns.

A concealed carry permit is an excellent way to screen crazy people from carrying guns in public. I think in other states, an applicant has to have 2 or more witnesses vouch for the applicant's psychological state. I'm not at all concerned by Barnie Fyffe's who have CCPs. I'm more concerned with the portion of society that doesn't understand gun safety. 3% of gun deaths - 1,000 a year in the US - are accident related.

CCP's are ineffective against a "crazy" with a weapon who doesn't care/is on a suicide quest.

Background checks are an excellent way to stop criminals from purchasing guns, but are ineffective against the black market. I think background checks should extend to mental health records. 58% of gun deaths are suicides.

39% are murders. The overwhelming majority of those are single-target assaults.

We have averaged 14.6 deaths per year by rampage, since 2001. That is 0.0456% of all annual gun deaths, perpetrated by 0.000767% of the population. (over 12 years)

I do feel like these cases are canaries in a large coal mine of issues we have as a country.

What do y'all think?


Screen Shot 2013-02-09 at 4.30.49 PM.jpg
 
Hahaha. No need for foul language.

Yes, they should HAVE TO hang out with the other side of the discussion. And they should HAVE TO handle firearms, and learn about them. How can a productive dialogue occur if one side has no concept of what they are talking about? If that comment is insulting, I apologize for the ill feelings, but I don't apologize for the idea. Funny how people get all up in arms (hehe) about the issue.

"This isn't something he's done very often because of how he's standing, how he has the gun mounted," said Michael Hampton, executive director of the National Skeet Shooting Association...

Who cares? If my skeet needs a good shooting, I'll get someone other than Obama to do it. Maybe some people just don't want a piece of hot metal exploding in their hand. That's their business.

Hammer+Spur+Injury.jpg

2nd-degree-burn.jpg



http://downtownlalaw.com/product-liability-claim-defective-gun-injury-attorney/

http://the-reverend-fowl.blogspot.com/2011/03/how-i-came-to-have-my-first-repeating.html


I think you should HAVE TO photograph grisly murder scenes for a day, just to learn about them.
 
Yeah. But those are cheapo guns. Who wants a gun that makes your hand bleed? That's what the internet is for. I promise my new skeet buddies they will not have their hands caught in gun parts! Ouch!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top