• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Landlocked said:
I'll stay away from the tax collector. I usually don't get along with them very well. Thanks for the online info. That makes things easier

By the way - my friend pulled in 5 snapper the other day - kind of slow. Might be partly due to the 12 foot Hammerhead next to the boat, while a mile off Blue Mountain Beach.

It was probably only 10 feet. . . . You know fishermen. or in this case - fisherwoman.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I'd love to have the numbers on that spot! 1 mile out. That's great. If they had a hammerhead near the boat, I'm surprised they got anything in the boat at all. Dolphins have also ruined my trips in the past.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
Smiling JOe said:
Sorry for giving you bad info. Thanks for the correction Kurt.

I didn't know either until a couple of weeks ago when we were posting about it. I guess it's time to get the lifetime.

murphdog

Beach Comber
Jun 3, 2005
Thanks for all the tips. I had the best luck on a dock near the inlet at Western Lake off 283. We caught 12 nice sized males ...6 each day in about an hour near dusk. We used partially (mostly) eaten Hooter's wings as bait.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
murphdog said:
Thanks for all the tips. I had the best luck on a dock near the inlet at Western Lake off 283. We caught 12 nice sized males ...6 each day in about an hour near dusk. We used partially (mostly) eaten Hooter's wings as bait.

So the wings are also attractive, just like I tell the girls. :rotfl:

cassie

Beach Lover
Dec 6, 2004
Saint Louie/Grayton
For years we've just went out on the beach after dark with flashlights, a bucket and some nets, caught TONS of little white crabs. Fun for the kids, catch and release of course. However, over spring break we took a bunch of kids out crabbing and didn't see one freak'n crab. Not one ... was it to early, cold .. does that matter?

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
cassie said:
For years we've just went out on the beach after dark with flashlights, a bucket and some nets, caught TONS of little white crabs. Fun for the kids, catch and release of course. However, over spring break we took a bunch of kids out crabbing and didn't see one freak'n crab. Not one ... was it to early, cold .. does that matter?

Ghost crabs - probably too early. If you see their holes in the daytime, then you should find them around there at night.

BRAocypode-19.jpg