• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
"How can you tell a female from a male crab?"

The Jimmy's have a jimmy and the sally's don't. :D

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Landlocked said:
Smiling Joe-

Does that no fishing license deal include if you're fishing from the surf on the gulf side? I had already planned to pick up a Florida license on the way down but it would be nice to cut out one more stop.
You are correct. No fishing license is needed when fishing from land (or surf), but you will need to follow the laws regarding your catch.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
Paula said:
Thanks. Can't wait to try this out with the kids in July. How can you tell a female from a male crab?
The males are jerks, and the females are moody. :rotfl:

murphdog

Beach Comber
Jun 3, 2005
If you are a nonresident of Florida are you allowed to fish/crab without a license? I looked at the state site and it mentions residents are exempt, but no mention of non residents.

Kurt

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
SoWal
mooncreek.com
You are right, as has been posted here in other threads, regulations are stricter in the last few years.

http://www.marinefisheries.org/license.htm

Recreational Saltwater Fishing License You do not need a license if you are:

? Any child under 16 years of age.

? Any resident who is a member of the United States Armed Forces and not stationed in this state, when home on leave for 30 days or less, upon submission of orders.

? Any person fishing who has been accepted as a client for developmental disabilities services by the Children and Family Services, provided the department furnishes proof thereof.

? Any resident fishing in saltwater from land or from a structure fixed to the land.

? Any person fishing from a for-hire vessel (guide, charter, party boat) that has a valid vessel license.

? Any person fishing from a vessel, the operator of which has a valid vessel license issued in the name of the operator of the vessel.

? Any person who holds a valid saltwater products license (SPL).

? Any person fishing for recreational purposes from a pier that has been issued a valid pier saltwater fishing license.

? Any resident fishing for a saltwater species in fresh water from land or from a structure fixed to land.

? Any resident fishing for mullet in fresh water who has a valid Florida freshwater fishing license.

? Any resident 65 years of age or older who has in her or his possession proof of age and residency. A no-cost license under this paragraph may be obtained from any tax collector's office upon proof of age and residency and must be in the possession of the resident during hunting, freshwater fishing, and saltwater fishing activities.

? Any employee of the commission who takes freshwater fish, saltwater fish, or game as part of employment with the commission, or any other person authorized by commission permit to take freshwater fish, saltwater fish, or game for scientific or educational purposes.

And Blue Crab regs:
http://myfwc.com/marine/recreational/recbluecrab.htm

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
Oh well,

Looks like I'll have to pick one up

Landlocked

Beach Fanatic
May 16, 2005
Alabama
I'll stay away from the tax collector. I usually don't get along with them very well. Thanks for the online info. That makes things easier