• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Debate Analysis and Opinions

New posts
Oh I don't know. You might be right, I guess few votes are changed but the undecieded can be brought into a tent based on a debate. Probably not so much veeps as the main candidates...

at any rate, I for one am glad that I will not feel obligated to watch a Palin-Biden debate again:lol:

:lolabove:Same here. It was a little uncomfortable to watch. Biden did seem a little more at home than Palin. Even after an hour or so of debated I could still detect an edgy nervousness in her voice. I would like to think that she spoke from experience and spoke from the heart but I'm leaning more on Jdargs conclusion.
 
A pretty fair assessment, Geo. Garbage, hoono2000.
 
The debate really highlighted the planning that went into both candidates approach to the debate. Biden never once attacked Palin - that was completely off limits for him, instead he attacked McCain and Bush constantly. Palin obviously was all about highlighting their records, and specifically ignored Biden attacks except to (I think) mock the "looking back" and negetivity of Biden.

Overall Biden had more detailed and thoughtful responses, but nobody expected otherwise. I'm not sure how this will play out next week in the polls. Could go either way. It depends on whether or not Palin impressed enough and how the Biden attacks played. I think in general Biden won on substance, but I'm not sure that was what was important in this debate. Palin definitely showed she's not an idiot, which was a strong win on her part.
substance has not been important in debates since the advent of tv...palin knows this well, and understands the basis of her selection...we are all the losers in this rationale
 
Can anyone point to some evidence that Sarah Palin has any analytical abilities?

Flirting with the pinnacle of our government might be subtle evidence ignored by those who hate a women based on their accent, looks or political beliefs. But what do I know.
 
Can anyone point to some evidence that Sarah Palin has any analytical abilities?
Try being the governor of the second largest state in the nation. Creating a budget, running a state surplus creating a pipeline for oil, etc. I hope you get the general picture. She is no slouch and no dummy, regardless of what the Obama camp would like us to believe.
 
I don't think she is a great VEEP candidate, but there is some serious venom spewed at the woman (who seems like she is pleasant enough and managed to accomplish more than most).

When the left bump heads with a conservative, pro-life, moose hunting, female exec who once won a beauty pageant, their heads tend to esplode. After that they tend to fall off the wagon and start calling her names - she's fat, an idiot, a bimbo in high heels. Sound familiar? :lol:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top