• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Darn. I wanted to ask a question about something but certainly do not want to take away from Bob's response. Oh well, Bob. I really would like some input on this though, and sorry for the long back story but it really does matter so please trudge through it.

When I was 14 I took a job washing cars at a rental car agency in Pensacola. The guy who I worked for was 19 or 20, going to Pensacola Junior College. We became pretty good friends, going hunting and fishing together, camping out, things of that nature as he was also an avid sportsman.

As I grew older we stayed in touch, even when moving to DeFuniak Springs. He use to come over and buy cars and trucks from me. I was at his wedding. Was there for him during his divorce. When he decided to buy some land here, he bought the plot of my brother's right next door. Even put it in his will to go to my children if anything happens to him since he has no kids of his own. Time marches on and now he is even dating my Aunt back in Pensacola. Now this guy is an engineer on big ships. I call him the 'Scotty' of the waterways. He has worked in many different fields over time. But currently he is working in the oil industry on both supply ships, transports, and research vessels.

Now this is my quandry. The other day he calls me from the Gulf to wish me luck in my campaign and to offer to send me a check to help with expenses. And, of course, I told him thanks. But after reading this thread, and the posts of many of you, I am wondering, did I mess up and accept a campaign contribution from BIG OIL?

:rotfl:

I kill myself at times.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Idlewild, I agree that the identity of campaign contributors can provide important insight into a candidate's campaign. I wish everyone would examine the contribution reports as you have. The people who support a candidate can give a true reflection on the candidate's support base.

That being said, it seems like most of Hudson's contributors are linked to his quixotic crusade in Driftwood. Actually seems rather one-dimensional to me.

Now I am confused - I have received no contributions from Driftwood residents - All of their money is behind Osborne.

WRobert can you get me some "Big Oil" contributions ?:rotfl:

Last edited:

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Now I am confused - I have received no contributions from Driftwood residents - All of their money is behind Osborne.

WRobert can you get me some "Big Oil" contributions ?:rotfl:

Maybe you are Osborne. Who knows anymore with all of these new people showing up.

I think you're both impostor's :blink:

Where is my sock puppet of truth when I need it?

Last edited:

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
I think both wrobert and Mr. Hudson rock! IMO...their posts on sowal.com always ring truthfully and on point to me. I can't vote (but I can and do pay taxes :D) in this election, but I believe both of these gentlemen deserve a "good looking at" by the voters of Walton County.

Best of luck to you both!

DemoLady

Beach Lover
Jun 5, 2008
www.waltondemocrats.org
Jump to judgment?

Did anyone review the list of campaign donors for Dst. 5 candidate Bob Hudson? Big developers, outside influencers, and beach dwellers who want the beaches closed. This should tell everyone where he will stand on most issues. Follow the money. Just go to the Walton County Supervisor of Elections web site and look at candidate contributor lists.:cry:

Your simplistic evaluation of a candidate based on his/her contributors does a disservice to all candidates who run for office. Admittedly, ?big money, developers, special interest groups? donate to candidates they feel are most likely to support their views. However, a politician?s character is at stake here. A candidate of character can take money from all groups and still not be ?bought.? I still remember the shock on a large contributor?s face when I voted against a project he had before the Oklahoma City Planning Commission (I was a candidate for City Council at the time). We are all so cynical about political candidates? motives that we may be too quick to jump to negative conclusions ? the reason many folks just don?t even consider public service anymore.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
My $.02 >> I'm voting for Osborne, but from what I've seen of Mr Hudson, he will not be bought out by anyone, especially for $500 x ? . He seems to be a honest man, who cares about the out of control spending that we have at the County level. I don't know Mr Hudson personally, but I'm speaking from what I've seen at County Meetings over the years.

TheSheep

Beach Fanatic
Jan 30, 2007
Farms
tinyurl.com
I have often wondered why politicos did not take the contributions from those they disagree. Education best comes from those who oppose not who follows the philosophical lead. Ewe're thought processes may vary(ly). :shock:

Mr. Hudson has determined that there are agendae from which he will not waiver. This is bothersome, my vote, if barn animals had, would be preferred to the (wo)man who had flexibility of mind. Again, ewe're thought processes may vary(ly). :blink:

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
I haven't seen it here in the last 6 years of living here, but I have seen local poliTRICKS in other towns get a little bloody and life threatening when people contribute to campaigns, expecting favors, then fail to receive the favors. I have no problem with candidates deciding from whom they will accept money and from whom they will not, no more than I think you should be free to buy goods from China, if you so choose, or not.