• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
A couple of things:

#1 My Big Oil check came in today, so do I deposit it or return it?

#2 Graytonbeachguy gave me a gray square instead of a green square. Does that mean he took away from my reputation because he did not like my sad attempt at sarcasm? Or maybe he just does not like me. I am confused by the whole issue.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
A couple of things:

#2 Graytonbeachguy gave me a gray square instead of a green square. Does that mean he took away from my reputation because he did not like my sad attempt at sarcasm? Or maybe he just does not like me. I am confused by the whole issue.

Can't answer number one for you, but number two is because he has not posted enough to give green, yet.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
Can't answer number one for you, but number two is because he has not posted enough to give green, yet.

YEA! Another fan. I hope. And here is some more Victory Center news.

There will be a Volunteer training session at Headquarters at 10 am on Thursday, August 14th. Margaret Sims, our area RPOF Representative, will be here to help train/explain calling our constituents to get out and vote, along with other programs we will implement.

The Walton Headquarters is located at 4821 Hwy 98 W, Suite 105 in Santa Rosa Beach. At this meeting they hope to organize the volunteer effort for Super Saturday on August 23rd.

Bob Hudson

Beach Fanatic
May 10, 2008
Santa Rosa Beach
Hold on Sheep.

I guess I need to clearly explain this statement "When I made the decision to enter this race I made certain decisions that will not waiver and not change."

My decisions were:

1.To be the major stockholder in my campaign
2. To follow campaign finance law to the letter
3. To not accept any contribution where it was obvious that the contribution had strings attached.

On two occassions I have been faced with obvious conflicts with those "guidelines". In one the donor wanted to make the gift anonomously and asked me could I handle that and in the second the donor made it very obvious exactly what they expected in return.

I will not change those three guiding principles and I'm sorry if that causes you pause in regards to my ability to be flexible, open minded or willing to compromise a guiding principle. It is simply a matter of ethics with me.

Hopefully you can understand that I am the candidate and I must sign the financial disclosures and am held to a very high standard concerning my ethical behavior. It should not be any other way in my opinion.

Hope that helps.

Vote for Robert Bob' Hudson

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
YEA! Another fan. I hope. And here is some more Victory Center news.

There will be a Volunteer training session at Headquarters at 10 am on Thursday, August 14th. Margaret Sims, our area RPOF Representative, will be here to help train/explain calling our constituents to get out and vote, along with other programs we will implement.

The Walton Headquarters is located at 4821 Hwy 98 W, Suite 105 in Santa Rosa Beach. At this meeting they hope to organize the volunteer effort for Super Saturday on August 23rd.

I'm sorry, but I am tired and can't help myself. Will there be a safety course offered to volunteers as well?:D

*The above comment made by me was before I saw Jdargs post about the shooting at the Dem headquarters in Arkansas. Maybe volunteers might need to start getting safety training, for real.
Scary world..............

Last edited:

GoodWitch58

Beach Fanatic
Oct 10, 2005
I'm sorry, but I am tired and can't help myself. Will there be a safety course offered to volunteers as well?:D

Me too. So, will there be a linguist to help Republicans learn the difference between confidence and Arrogrance:yikes:

graytonbeachguy

Beach Fanatic
Jun 14, 2008
A couple of things:

I was trying to choose "I approve." Mis-moused. I have now thanked you.

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
May 8, 2007
Sowal
As long as the campaign donations are fully and honestly reported I don't have a problem w/ their funding sources. Realistically it is difficult to completely avoid any appearance of impropriety or a potential conflict because of how intertwined we all are in this community.

I do think we need to have a household limit and more transparency to keep people from funneling money from one source under many different names/businesses.

Stories I hear of local business owners paying their employees cash to vote a certain way in local elections are MUCH more worrisome IMO.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
Darn. I wanted to ask a question about something but certainly do not want to take away from Bob's response. Oh well, Bob. I really would like some input on this though, and sorry for the long back story but it really does matter so please trudge through it.

When I was 14 I took a job washing cars at a rental car agency in Pensacola. The guy who I worked for was 19 or 20, going to Pensacola Junior College. We became pretty good friends, going hunting and fishing together, camping out, things of that nature as he was also an avid sportsman.

As I grew older we stayed in touch, even when moving to DeFuniak Springs. He use to come over and buy cars and trucks from me. I was at his wedding. Was there for him during his divorce. When he decided to buy some land here, he bought the plot of my brother's right next door. Even put it in his will to go to my children if anything happens to him since he has no kids of his own. Time marches on and now he is even dating my Aunt back in Pensacola. Now this guy is an engineer on big ships. I call him the 'Scotty' of the waterways. He has worked in many different fields over time. But currently he is working in the oil industry on both supply ships, transports, and research vessels.

Now this is my quandry. The other day he calls me from the Gulf to wish me luck in my campaign and to offer to send me a check to help with expenses. And, of course, I told him thanks. But after reading this thread, and the posts of many of you, I am wondering, did I mess up and accept a campaign contribution from BIG OIL?

:rotfl:

I kill myself at times.

:roll:
Deposit your big ol' Big Oil check, dear.

And (not directed at you, robert) sitting down with the contribution lists of ALL the candidates and running corporate names through www.sunbiz.org is an interesting way to kill an evening. ;-)