• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Does it really make a difference

New posts

Bob Wells

Beach Fanatic
The question is
Is it more important to have an D or an R behind a politicians name than what they actually stand for? Example, Charlie Crist won a lot as a Republican. I know many will say he is just a politicians who believes only in what will get him elected. That said, do you as a voter look at all the candidates or only the one with the appropriate label?
 
Charlie Crist is just an odd man out. Frankly, he doesn't have much relevance anymore. But, if you have an R behind your name, and you haven't vocally spoken out against the atrocities fostered during the Trump regime, specifically the attempt to overthrow the election of 2020, then you are a piece of....well, you are a piece of the problem. As Lindsey Graham stated during the run-up to the election of 2016, "If we nominate, and elect Donald Trump as president, then, it will mean the destruction of the Republican party, and we will deserve it." If you can't trust Lindsey Graham. If you can't trust Lindsey Graham, who can you trust?
 
I used to vote for the occasional R, but the GOP and right in general has gone so trumpshit crazy I can't do it anymore. Even local elections.
 
I used to vote for the occasional R, but the GOP and right in general has gone so trumpshit crazy I can't do it anymore. Even local elections.
True. My last mistake voting R was Glidewell. I was hesitant, but liked his sensible posting on this site. Just another Republican grifter. Learned my fu_king lesson.
 
True. My last mistake voting R was Glidewell. I was hesitant, but liked his sensible posting on this site. Just another Republican grifter. Learned my fu_king lesson.
Agree with you on that. I use to think county politics weren't that connected to national politics, but reading Danny's pro-Trump Fox-fueled rants on Facebook made me realize how sick most of the Republican Party has become.
 
The question is
Is it more important to have an D or an R behind a politicians name than what they actually stand for? Example, Charlie Crist won a lot as a Republican. I know many will say he is just a politicians who believes only in what will get him elected. That said, do you as a voter look at all the candidates or only the one with the appropriate label?
Right now the Republican party is in a state of batshit craziness and they have gotten out of control. I agree that in normal circumstances, whether it's a D or an R wouldn't matter much to me. In these times, there is no choice but to vote straight Democrat all the way at all levels of government. I think even Republicans like George Conway and Liz Cheney would agree.
 
The question is
Is it more important to have an D or an R behind a politicians name than what they actually stand for? Example, Charlie Crist won a lot as a Republican. I know many will say he is just a politicians who believes only in what will get him elected. That said, do you as a voter look at all the candidates or only the one with the appropriate label?

Right now it really does matter. I certainly don't want the Republicans to control either the House or Senate, but they could end up controlling both. That would really suck. This is why I contribute to Democratic campaigns all over the country. Warnock in Georgia, Fetterman and Shapiro in PA, Hobbs and Kelly in Arizona. The Republicans are making every effort to set things up to overturn the next presidential election if it doesn't turn out to their liking. Governorships matter as much as anything, especially in battleground states like AZ and PA. Lake and Mastriano are very open about their intent to overthrow the will of the people if necessary. Yes, things really are that bad. Right now, I am a single issue voter, and that issue is not the economy, it's not crime, and it's not immigration. It's the soul of our nation.
 
The Republicans want control in general. If they don't get the house and Senate the fall back plan is to get governorships in a majority of states, mainly because with enough you can trigger a constitutional convention and essentially rewrite the entire playbook from scratch.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top