• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Endodontist in Destin

New posts

supermom262

Beach Fanatic
After dragging my feet for almost 2 months, I finally had a root canal that was desperately needed. Dr. Gallatin, in Destin (near the bridge, just past Taco Bell), was excellent. I don't believe he had a patient as afraid as I was. I only wanted nitrous oxide, which he doesn't use. But because he is a specialist, I thought I would try to be brave. He gave me a prescription for valium, which I had never had, and I took my ipod with me (thanks Paula for this advice.)

I told him about my past experience, which was being left by myself, while having an allergic reaction to I think the rubber dam. He promised he wouldn't leave and explained everything he was doing. Between the valium, his explaining, the ipod and keeping my eyes closed, I made it through in about a half an hour.

If I can do this, anyone can. He made it almost painless.

Gallatin Endodontics
385 E Hwy 98 Suite 210
850-650-5067
 
You forgot to mention just who you were listening to on your Ipod:biggrin: . But then again, anyone who knows you can probably guess.
 
He did an emergency root canal for me last year. It was less uncomfortable and faster than every crown I've had. I'm impressed with every aspect of his work. Highly recommended.
 
Great recommendation. I had nitrous oxide with both of the root canals I've had (the second time was under the doctor's protest) but the endodontist I used then has moved away. So, it's reassuring to hear your good experience without nitrous!
 
Great recommendation. I had nitrous oxide with both of the root canals I've had (the second time was under the doctor's protest) but the endodontist I used then has moved away. So, it's reassuring to hear your good experience without nitrous!

I haven't had any dental work done without nitrous other than teeth cleaning. I was scared to death, but I really wanted a specialist. They said I could take 1 or 2 valium. I didn't want to just take 1, I thought it might not be enough, but if I took 2, I might not be able to say stop or it hurts or I can't breathe, whatever. So, I took 1 and 1/2. That way I was out of it somewhat, could hear my music and BARELY hear the Dr but felt I could still raise my hand. I only had to raise my hand once - to me it was a very big deal to have made it through without nitrous!

Hopefully I won't have to go back, but if i ever need another Root Canal, I will definitely go back to him!
 
I recently had my first crown done. When the dentist started drilling, I felt it all! I screamed and he got onto me for not raising my hand instead. Hell-O!
Several injections later, the process continued pain-free. I won't mention the dentist cuz I always require more anesthetic than most mere mortals.

:yikes:
 
I recently had my first crown done. When the dentist started drilling, I felt it all! I screamed and he got onto me for not raising my hand instead. Hell-O!
Several injections later, the process continued pain-free. I won't mention the dentist cuz I always require more anesthetic than most mere mortals.

:yikes:

Same thing happened to me when I lived in Mobile. It was a horroring event for me. Took me a long time before I would step foot in a dentists office again!!!!
 
Dr. Gallatin is the best !!! He saved me 2 months ago when an old root canal turned into an absyss. If you need a regular dentist, Dr. Ratcliffe in SRB is awesome !!! :clap: :clap: :clap:
 
:clap: ...glad it went well. As an aside and because I want you to know how brave/stupid I am, I had all 4 impacted wisdom teeth removed by an oral surgeon who only used novocain....4 shots of it in each tooth. :wave:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top