• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Fresh Blue Crabs

New posts

joho

Beach Fanatic
Called Nicks in the Sticks yesterday..........
Fresh Blue Crabs available!!!!!!!!
Get in your boat and cruise over this weekend...........
See you there! :lol:
 
The last time I went to Nicks in the Sticks for Fresh Blue Crabs, we followed up the disappointment by going to the Seabar to eat dinner. I won't be back to eat the crabs.
 
That's too bad. Never had a disappointment with crabs sitting in front of me.
 
joho said:
That's too bad. Never had a disappointment with crabs sitting in front of me.
The "Fresh" Crabs presented which we tried to eat had been frozen (and Freezer burned to boot!:bang:). The meat would not separate from the shells. Totally disappointed. I will wait until the "select" (big ones) come in and go to my favorite little undisclosed crab house in PCB.
 
They (Nicks) catch their own crabs and do not have time to freeze them.....sell them too quickly. You might be mistaken for "Snow Crabs". They are not caught around here and are shipped in.

By the way...........we rode by boat this last weekend and ate crabs til we couldn't move and just for the record they were as great or probably even better than I've had in awhile.

You need to give it another try! :lol:
 
joho said:
They (Nicks) catch their own crabs and do not have time to freeze them.....sell them too quickly. You might be mistaken for "Snow Crabs". They are not caught around here and are shipped in.

By the way...........we rode by boat this last weekend and ate crabs til we couldn't move and just for the record they were as great or probably even better than I've had in awhile.

You need to give it another try! :lol:
Maybe I will. For the record, I am very familiar with the Blue Crabs, and the ones which we were served were definitely frozen and freezer burned.
 
There is NOTHING like a blue crab. When I was in Alaska and Seattle, all I wanted was crab. I wanted that huge Alaskan crab and had some on the ship...Yuck. I also tried Dungeness Crab...Yuck. Just give me some good lump.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top