• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

George Carlin died...

New posts
I first heard Carlin when I was 6 years old, I snuck into my big brother's room and put the album on (YES>>>VINYL). I distinctly remember getting into trouble shortly there after because I chose to say the 7 words you cannot say!!!!
I did annoy the family with the raisin song though.
As I grew up, I learned to appreciate Carlin's more intelligent humor, it is somewhat responsible for what I am today.
 
I always wondered if his later bitterness came from losing his wife in '97.
Or maybe he just naturally grew a bit more curmudgeonly--I myself am proof that this can happen after 50.
With Bo Diddly and Tim Russert lost to us so recently, and now Carlin, that makes 3, and I hope we will not lose any more American treasures for at least awhile.
 
I always wondered if his later bitterness came from losing his wife in '97.
Or maybe he just naturally grew a bit more curmudgeonly--I myself am proof that this can happen after 50.
With Bo Diddly and Tim Russert lost to us so recently, and now Carlin, that makes 3, and I hope we will not lose any more American treasures for at least awhile.
I noticed him being bitter before that. But who knows. I've always read where comedians are the most UNhappy people.
.
 
Larry King did a tribute show about him tonight. I think its on again now. Always repeats at 12am. Ahhh well. His daughter (& only child) spoke via phone and said he had cardiovascular disease. She's a spittin' image of him. But she wasn't broke down or anything like anyone of us would be if our daddy just died yesterday....
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top