• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Good Time To Be A Renter

New posts
Smiling Joe, you have some interesting points, mostly about these certain
"sexy" properties not having to generate positive cash flow. This may be true
for some people who dont care if their luxury items like cars, beach homes,
cigarette boats do not produce cash flow yet people still buy them.

Certain people buy things for the sole reason that they just like the item.

I will concede the sexy part along with the fact you have to buy to own, I even know a very few people who are able to do something like that with no concern of "how is this thing gonna pay for itself?"

You may be right here but I dont think you could sell this idea to a banker ( I am not a banker). Do you really think that these properties sex appeal will
over-ride the need for a positive cash flow?

It all depends on the buyer. Every one is different and so is every property. This is not a one size fits all scenario.
 
Thanks. None of us are really sure about anything. I just like to look at what this area is all about. I think we have gotten away from that over the years here. We have one of the most unique places I have ever been! Maybe, I have not traveled enough but I have never been to an area with all this protected state land and parks. The coastal dune lakes can only be found in two other places in the world! We have some of the finest dining and shopping in the country. The music scene here is amazing! Oh yeah, I forgot the beaches! WoW! They are not so bad. The fishing is not too bad either. I guess we all have gotten a little frustrated about this market but I think our answer will come when we look at what we got! Some of us will lose what we got, but we will walk away knowing what is most important. It's not the positive cash flow, the next flip or what is the airport going to bring. Its the beauty that has always been here. It's free. We have to learn how to manage that better.


:clap: :clap: :clap:
 
I'll third that emotion! The only things I'd add to Bobby J's post about the area are (1) the people in SoWal are wonderful and (2) it's a real community for many, not simply a vacation destination or retirement community - it's family centered and focused on all-ages.

Family Circle magazine has a monthly one-page article that features a family and what they love about their town. Someone who lives (owns or rents, doesn't matter, as long as they have a family) in SoWal could submit something.
 
:biggrin: -- Bobby J is a REALTOR?.


.

It is obvious from Bobby J's posts that he is a Realtor who cares very much about our community and is a "doer" who contributes to keeping and making it a desirable place to live.:D

.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top