• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Hands Free?

New posts

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
I know this is a really awful thing to bring up. I truly support the Hands Across the Sand event. But has anyone thought about the logistics of that many people holding hands while that many people are trying to talk or text on their cell phones?
 
Last edited:
I'll go along with that one. I lost my very first cell phone ever at Grayton Beach. Me + sand + cell phones are not a happy combination!

I did the same thing last year. This wonderful couple called to let me know their new 'puppy' came running up to them with my phone in his mouth! How adorable is that!:wub:
 
I will throw your cell phone in the water! You can put the damn thing down for 5 minutes if the cause is actually important to you. :roll:
 
The problem I forsee is people trying to get in the line, trying to find out where other people are at, trying to get in the line. And wanting to know what time it is, etc. We should make every attempt possible for this to not look like a bunch of people gathered at the beach, talking on their cell phones. It would be a bad photo op and bad PR in general. :blush:
 
I believe part of the plan is to have people at the designated accesses to help organize and coordinate the effort.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top