• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Headlines ... not from Jay Leno, but from BR

New posts

Beach Runner

beats on hood
This month the Atlanta City Council's Zoning Committee voted in favor of an ordinance that would ban the building of big houses on small lots. Hummmm ... let's see ... isn't that what a developer is proposing in the 30-A corridor? Six three-story, beachfront, over-3000-square-foot, single-family homes called "condos" on .88 acre (technically 1.27 if you count the beach -- LOL -- as if that were buildable) that will tower at a height of 45.5 feet over the neighborhood that by covenants has a maximum building height of 37 feet. BTW this comes for a vote at the BCC meeting in DeFuniak on Tuesday. I think that the City of Atlanta is on the right page on this issue. Hopefully, so will the Walton County BCC. I have faith that the five members of the BCC will have the integrity and wisdom regarding the future of South Walton County to vote no.
 
This month the Atlanta City Council's Zoning Committee voted in favor of an ordinance that would ban the building of big houses on small lots. Hummmm ... let's see ... isn't that what a developer is proposing in the 30-A corridor? Six three-story, beachfront, over-3000-square-foot, single-family homes called "condos" on .88 acre (technically 1.27 if you count the beach -- LOL -- as if that were buildable) that will tower at a height of 45.5 feet over the neighborhood that by covenants has a maximum building height of 37 feet. BTW this comes for a vote at the BCC meeting in DeFuniak on Tuesday. I think that the City of Atlanta is on the right page on this issue. Hopefully, so will the Walton County BCC. I have faith that the five members of the BCC will have the integrity and wisdom regarding the future of South Walton County to vote no.

I admire the way you keep such a sharp eye out on what's happening in our neighborhood. It's good news that Atlanta's finally using comon sense and I'm with you in hoping that the Walton County BCC members will also vote in a similar fashion!
 
!:lolabove: !

This month the Atlanta City Council's Zoning Committee voted in favor of an ordinance that would ban the building of big houses on small lots. Hummmm ... let's see ... isn't that what a developer is proposing in the 30-A corridor? Six three-story, beachfront, over-3000-square-foot, single-family homes called "condos" on .88 acre (technically 1.27 if you count the beach -- LOL -- as if that were buildable) that will tower at a height of 45.5 feet over the neighborhood that by covenants has a maximum building height of 37 feet. BTW this comes for a vote at the BCC meeting in DeFuniak on Tuesday. I think that the City of Atlanta is on the right page on this issue. Hopefully, so will the Walton County BCC. I have faith that the five members of the BCC will have the integrity and wisdom regarding the future of South Walton County to vote no.
 
When I was in college at Belmont, my advisor seemed to go to Destin every weekend. Her family had a home there. That was probably when I first began to feel so fond of the area.

When I spoke to Ginger in April, I asked her if she had been to Destin recently. She said, "No, we sold the place after mother died. The last time I was there was for my nephew's wedding, and we stayed at Sandestin. I'll never go back. The traffic was horrible, and when I looked out at the beach from the balcony it was like looking down at an anthill. You could barely see the sand."

I told her that she should go east and stay in Seaside or Rosemary. I told her how much I love the area (and this was before I was on SoWal.com!) and how the density is more controlled with no massive people-storing monsters blocking the view of the beach and spilling forth hordes of people every morning.

But I suppose that people like this developer are going to make it even harder to find a quiet piece of paradise, hmmm?
 
I have seen Destin turn from a fishing village to what it is now. I hope that all of you are successful in fighting that trend in your area.
 
This month the Atlanta City Council's Zoning Committee voted in favor of an ordinance that would ban the building of big houses on small lots. Hummmm ... let's see ... isn't that what a developer is proposing in the 30-A corridor? Six three-story, beachfront, over-3000-square-foot, single-family homes called "condos" on .88 acre (technically 1.27 if you count the beach -- LOL -- as if that were buildable) that will tower at a height of 45.5 feet over the neighborhood that by covenants has a maximum building height of 37 feet. BTW this comes for a vote at the BCC meeting in DeFuniak on Tuesday. I think that the City of Atlanta is on the right page on this issue. Hopefully, so will the Walton County BCC. I have faith that the five members of the BCC will have the integrity and wisdom regarding the future of South Walton County to vote no.


I am happy that you both have taken the time to fight for this---your integrity is real.:clap: We are behind you 100%!
 
Fight the power
werd.gif
 
If this is allowed, where will it stop?? Every time I visit SoWal, from Destin to Inlet Beach, there's more development. I often think how wonderful it would have been back in the day, when it was more "primitive". I know development is inevitable, but wouldn't this project, crammed into such a small space, kinda defeat the image that SoWal is trying to project?......JMHO.
 
we can't believe all the changes in just the 5 or 6 years we have been coming to sowal, when will it end ? this just does not seem like a good idea in the least. just another way to beat the system...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top