• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Highest point along 30a

New posts
The Highest Point along the entire Gulf Coast is located in one of those seedy motel/condos in Panama City Beach- but only during spring break when the college kids are here and lighting up.

Mary Jane Motel, I believe is the name...........
 
Hi All,

The highest point along 30A's beach front is @ Bella Vita. There is an inbeded marker along side the fountain and about 20' from my condo. It's 64-1/2' elevation above sea level if I remember correctly. I was told it's the highest elevation (beach front) on the entire Gulf coast rim.

Tom
 
Here's a picture of the marker. I took this pic in 2021. It is set in a stone that is different from all the other Stones around it. It was reported that this Stone was protected during construction and nobody could touch it.
 
I hate to disagree but based on surveying records from the state it is behind the water fountain at Bella Vita. There used to be a survey monument marking the location, it was named the "High" monument. It may still be there. It's famous for also being the highest point in the United states located along the Gulf of Mexico.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top