• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

How unprofessional

New posts

bluemtnrunner

Beach Fanatic
I'm a software tech and telecommute to work. That means that I sit here in running shorts and flip flops most days :chill:making callers believe I am sitting in a cubicle wearing a dress and high heels.:lie: Image is everything right?

Today is so pretty I have all of our windows and doors open to catch this great breeze, I'm on the line with a client when both of the dogs go nuts out in the yard. Smalls has a huge deep bark for one so young and small, and Ozzy has that high pitched schnauzer tremelo going on. :doh:
I pulled the plug on the mic as quick as I could but there was no way around it, I had to plug back in and tell the caller that there were dogs outside :cuss:

How professional am I? What would you think of your computer support if you could hear dogs running wild in the background?

Made me feel a little sick:puke:(not really but I did want a reason to use that smiley)
 
If you speak easily understood English, didn't put me on hold forever, know what you're doing, and I am not deaf from the dogs barking into my ear, I wouldn't have a fit about it. :biggrin:
 
Tell them you office next to the SPCA and they are looking for donations! :biggrin:
 
Join the club, my favorite was the time they called right before my alarm went off. Mid sentence and then ra-ra-ra-ra-ra-ra. I told them it was just the fire alarm being tested. :biggrin:
 
Even better. I fell asleep at my pc at work one day and a VP walked into my office. It woke me up, but instead of jumping I just said "amen" and started typing.
 
Wouldn't bother me in the least bit. Don't feel bad, it's happened to me twice.

I've telecommuted many times from home. One time I left my window open and my cat came in and dropped a chipmunk on my file. The screams could be heard in Bangor and I just hung up on my client. :blink: Another time, my nephew who was potty training was visiting -- I have an office suite in my house-- he was playing on one the computers-- went to the potty, did his business, but not everything made the bowl. He was so excited he came running into the office yelling, Auntie Mango, Auntie Mango, I did oopy in the potty, I did oopy in the potty", with his pants still wrapped around his ankles. I had to discontinue that call and do some cleanup. :lol:

Needless to say, I was embarrassed, but my clients got a good chuckle at my expense.... and sent me referrals. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top