• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

I am thankful for............

New posts

scooterbug44

SoWal Expert
With all of the negative news and the recession/depression bringing gloom and doom, we tend to forget to focus on the positive and forget just how good we have it compared to so many others.

What are the 3 things you are most thankful for?

1) I am thankful that my extended family is overall healthy and has access to good medical care for emergencies, surgeries, and childbirth.

2) I am thankful that everyone in my family has a job and a roof over their head (in some fashion).

3) I am thankful that I get to communicate/visit with my family/friends whenever I want and that everyone in my extended family basically gets along (no feuds, acrimonious divorces etc.).
 
With all of the negative news and the recession/depression bringing gloom and doom, we tend to forget to focus on the positive and forget just how good we have it compared to so many others.

What are the 3 things you are most thankful for?

1) I am thankful that my extended family is overall healthy and has access to good medical care for emergencies, surgeries, and childbirth.

2) I am thankful that everyone in my family has a job and a roof over their head (in some fashion).

3) I am thankful that I get to communicate/visit with my family/friends whenever I want and that everyone in my extended family basically gets along (no feuds, acrimonious divorces etc.).


Great thread! My friends/family and I talk about this all the time.

I am thankful for the good, the bad, and the ugly.......'cause in a squirrelly fashion it's all good in my life! Cheers, Baby!!!! ;-)
 
Magic cookies at Hibiscus, fresh out of the oven they are.
Magic women folk behind the counter, fresh.
Sunny outside.
 
The place I live - walton county florida, my job, spring, spring break :cool:, do overs, the internet, and my common sense, which i suppose I should really thank my parents for. Actually that's a good one on its own - In this crazy environment, I am thankful for the smart things my parents taught me. :D
 
finally getting home to Sowal after being stranded in the snow/ice storm this weekend;
pilots who know how to fly in ice and wind;
two Delta agents who were determined to find me a flight to somewhere in Florida and eventually did;
watching my almost-two year-old grandson enjoy his lunch;
hearing the excitment in my almost -6 -year -old granddaughter as she tells me she lost her first tooth;
the green trees and open skies as I drove home yesterday
the birds at my feeder
home.
 
Last edited:
Great question, Scooterbug.

1. my kids
2. my family
3. my friends
4. good health (and for my friends/family)
5. good food
6. I have a job and really good colleagues (even though it's making me too busy these days to post much or even come to SoWal but I do lurk now and then...)
8. looking forward to spending months in SoWal in about 3.5 years (not that I'm counting...)
9. spending vacations in nice places with my kids, family and friends even though we don't eat out much anymore when we're on vacation
10. many sweet memories and more to be made
11. warm weather is coming to Michigan in only 6-8 weeks and only a few more snowfalls are likely! The snowdrops will flower in about a week.
12. SoWal and sowal.com
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top