• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

I need some suggestions....

New posts

Sheila

SoWal Insider
I just spoke to one of my guest that will be arriving later this month. During the course of the conversation she said her family had been debating if they should cancel their vacation. The family suffered a double blow when her husband lost both of his parents unexpectedly due to natural causes, within a 19 hour period. They are still coming to Seagrove. This is my question. I would like to send this family something during their stay. I thought about dinner out, but there are 16 of them, so that's out.

I am open to suggestions. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance gang.
 
A fruit basket may be a nice gesture.
 
I would buy a nice card and write them a note, and have it ready for them when they pick up their keys. Sometimes the written word with a heartfelt expression of sympathy is the best gesture of all.
 
I once send renters a flower bouquet the first day they arrived when she lost her mother the week before. She thought it was wonderful. I have a habit of buying fresh flowers when I arrive and that way I have them the whole time we are down there.
 
Mermaid said:
I would buy a nice card and write them a note, and have it ready for them when they pick up their keys. Sometimes the written word with a heartfelt expression of sympathy is the best gesture of all.

I agree with Mermaid. I suggested the fruit basket since it is one of those things that people tend to buy someone when they lost someone, but that's usually soon after the occurrence.
 
I agree with the flower idea - flowers are such an appropriate gesture of sympathy (and are lovely to look at no matter what!)
 
I like the way you think gttbm. :clap_1:

I think a card and kind note would be very much appreciated. But if you wanted to go the extra mile, some fresh flowers in place when they arrive would be lovely. They will have an entire week to look at them after all!
 
Thanks everyone! Fortunately, I have a great housekeeper that can have the flowers and card in place when they arrive. I know that having some time in such a beautiful place will be healing to the entire family. I knew I could count on all of you. ;-)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top