• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

allison222

Beach Comber
Mar 3, 2007
Santa Rosa Beach, FL
Beachrunner, I agree that alot of faux finishes are outdated, but if done correctly they are very tasteful and timeless, check out Architectural Digest/Florida Digest.
I understand that its hard to trust a designer with your home and money but they go to school to study color, balance etc. and more often than not their work turns out to be better than the client could have ever envisioned themselves! You have to let go and trust their vision and also trust your instincts when you know something is not you. . . good luck with your home and have fun with it! allison

Beachrunner, I agree that alot of faux finishes are outdated, but if done correctly they are very tasteful and timeless, check out Architectural Digest/Florida Digest.
I understand that its hard to trust a designer with your home and money but they go to school to study color, balance etc. and more often than not their work turns out to be better than the client could have ever envisioned themselves! You have to let go and trust their vision and also trust your instincts when you know something is not you. . . good luck with your home and have fun with it! allison
Thanks for the follow-up.

I really loved our former interior designer -- adored everything she did. But almost two years after I paid her supposed final bill (and just before her daughter's fancy wedding at The Cloister), she sent out a photocopy of a bill for her time to all of her clients, and the amount she had filled in for mine was $1800. I (along with her other clients) had already paid her 25% commission and was never advised that we would pay for her time on top of that. I refused to pay it, as did many of her other clients except those who wanted to remain friends with her. She's a neighbor of mine, so it has been a bit awkward. But she's also the best in town - I trust her, but I don't totally trust this new person, even though she was highly recommended to me.

Fanceenan

Beach Comber
Jul 11, 2005
Montgomery
Allison, I agree, there are faux finishes and there are faux finishes. Yours are great, so realistic! I have attempted some paint work, but mine looks like an amateur did them. Would you consider offering classes? I think there would be a market for it. Thanks!
:clap_1: