Injunction denied on new beach access purchase.

Discussion in 'Local Government and Groups' started by FactorFiction, Sep 14, 2016.

1. miznotebook

miznotebook Beach Fanatic

On 1), that is my understanding also, but there are times when you're got to start somewhere!
    Also, I believe parking is shared at Miramar Beach Access with a restaurant through some sort of agreement and has been the case for many years. Just talking possibilities, have never been to Stinky's and don't know what may or may have not been discussed. Maybe your business proposal would be welcomed, it never hurts to try!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. John G

John G Beach Fanatic

I believe in starting somewhere too. I've said I support this purchase.

I love the idea of an agreement with the county for parking use! It will never happen, not part of the plan.

We will now fund private businesses, which is why I'm diversifying my assets to create my own business.

Everyone else should do the same. Can't beat 'em, join 'em!

3. LarsAtTheBeach

LarsAtTheBeach Beach Fanatic

Stinky's is open during the day.

4. Mike Jones

Mike Jones Beach Fanatic

What is "after hours"? What time do public beach accesses close? I don't think closing a public beach access / parking lot is what we want to do.

@John G - Although the price was very high, I'm glad to get a new public beach access.

Now the purchase of the Grayton Grand property is a complete boondoggle swindle ridiculous. Focus your gaze over there for a moment. Jay Odom and friends got a nice paycheck on that one. Do you think people are going to park there and go to the beach or is it a parking lot for busy Grayton Beach businesses?

5. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

John G you must rent vacation rentals regularly?

6. BeachArkie

BeachArkie Beach Lover

As I understand it, the former Grayton Grand property is to be used as a park-n-ride location.

7. Matt J

Matt J SWGB

Parking garage with retail.

8. FactorFiction

FactorFiction Beach Fanatic

We'll know a lot more about what is truly going to go on all of these parcels when the County submits their development applications.