• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
I've heard comments regarding Stinky's restaurant taking advantage of the parking spaces for their employees and patrons. The Regional parks are suppose to be closed to the public after hours. Maybe the WCSO will come up with an idea to prevent people from taking advantage of the parking spaces?
:rotfl::rofl::rotfl::rofl:

sunny850

Beach Lover
Jul 16, 2012
I'm with Matt J. I wish they would let stinkys use that area for parking after dark. The current Dune Allen access sits pretty much empty at night while cars for stinkys are piled on top of each other! I live within walking distance of stinky's but if I didn't I guarantee that's where I would park if I went there for dinner.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
The recommendations for Dune Allen in the AVCON parking study included encouraging local restaurants to use public parking in the evening to alleviate parking problems.
Exactly, a now Stinky's has a new lot, funded by the taxpayers. Look for this business model to repeat itself.

Lake View Too

SoWal Insider
Nov 16, 2008
Eastern Lake
I'm not sure why this is a sin. If a parking lot is used during the day, then also used during the night, it seems to me it is a very useful parking lot. Stinky's is a very good and popular restaurant. Having adequate extra parking helps it's customers. It sounds like win-win-win to me.

LarsAtTheBeach

Beach Fanatic
Jul 19, 2008
Some here need to apply for a DO using public parking to meet their parking criteria. Let us know how that works out.

If that doesn't work...
Say to hell with it. Why even build a project, just set up on the public beach. It's a great place to do your commerce, the county will even provide parking and ADA restrooms for your patrons.

miznotebook

Beach Fanatic
Jul 8, 2009
Stone's throw from Inlet Bch
Exactly, a now Stinky's has a new lot, funded by the taxpayers. Look for this business model to repeat itself.
Certainly not my point, it seems logical to require restaurants and other businesses themselves to provide adequate parking for their customers. However, the county's recent efforts to increase parking requirements for businesses were not successful due to business opposition.

Mike Smith

Beach Lover
Feb 19, 2014
Seems like an opportunity for the county to earn some additional revenues by leasing the lot to Stinkys for use after park hours. A simple chain to close the lot after hours may help entice Stinkys to ink a deal with the county. Everybody wins.

John G

Beach Fanatic
Jul 16, 2014
1). The proposed changes grandfathered in existing businesses. Wouldn't affect any existing businesses.

2). I now love the idea of my tax dollars funding private businesses and their needs.

3). I am now looking at becoming a small business owner and wait till you see my idea!!!

4). Just hope I'm welcomed with the same open arms as the other businesses...

5). Who sold that parcel across from Stinky's? Local Realtors or out of town?