New posts

csamps

Beach Comber
Aug 1, 2005
32
0
Cil- could you elaborate on some of these examples? I'd be curious.



It's been interesting watching what other developers try to get away with: I've seen a couple doozies in the short time I've been here.
But you don't read about those because they don't make good copy the way St Joe does.
 

GreenWaveDave

Beach Lover
Oct 24, 2005
64
0
Cil said:
That's a slight exaggeration, I'd say.
The amount of scrutiny St Joe receives would forestall any Enron-type of scenario. And not all their land is wet.
It's been interesting watching what other developers try to get away with: I've seen a couple doozies in the short time I've been here.
But you don't read about those because they don't make good copy the way St Joe does.
BTW: your link doesn't work for me, Dave, but here is a link that does have the "approximately 1,200 people" quote
Rummell

I don't know why I can't get the link to work. Sorry. If you want to hear the interview, just go to www.marketwatch.com, enter the ticker symbol JOE, and you'll see related stories with the stock quote.

FYI, my cynicism on JOE was not real, just for Shelly's benefit. Of course I don't think they're the next Enron!
 

pgurney

Beach Fanatic
Jul 11, 2005
587
66
ATL & Seacrest
SHELLY said:
He certainly HOPES the boom will last...considering he's been cashing out his shares of JOE hand-over-fist for months & months:

Rummell Insider Selling of JOE

But hey, $1.3+ million per month don't go as far in Florida as it used to--the company's shareholders certainly understand that. :blink:

Since the stocks and options are a significant portion of his compensation package, and his sells have been fairly regular for about 18 months, and they started just after he excercised a large option order, and they occurred during a period of increasing stock value....I don't see why anyone would be concerned about this "insider selling". :dunno:
 
Last edited:

Kurt Lischka

Admin
Staff member
Oct 15, 2004
12,457,844
4,603
SoWal
mooncreek.com
GreenWaveDave said:
I don't know why I can't get the link to work. Sorry. If you want to hear the interview, just go to www.marketwatch.com, enter the ticker symbol JOE, and you'll see related stories with the stock quote.

FYI, my cynicism on JOE was not real, just for Shelly's benefit. Of course I don't think they're the next Enron!

try this next time

<sarcasm> </sarcasm>
 

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
5,775
802
pk305 said:
Shelly, I may have missed this somewhere....is your thesis for a degree or for a publication or specifically what? You may have mentioned this previously, but I have an interest in publication and am more than curious?
Thanks!

It's my graduate thesis. The title is still up in the air....but I've had to reject my first choice: "The Real Estate Boom: Investing in Dot-Condos at Enron-by-the Sea." :funn:
 
csamps said:
Cil- could you elaborate on some of these examples? I'd be curious.

.
I was afraid somebody would ask this! ;-)
I really don't want to name any names, but one guy simply began putting in a new housing development along 30-A. He removed trees, and had gotten as far as thinking about putting in a sewer system. Something like three months into the project, everything halted.
There was a minor detail: The guy apparently didn't have a permit.
 

Advance The Man

Beach Lover
May 19, 2005
54
0
You're getting it mixed up a little bit. "insider trading" is illegal, but "insider selling" makes no sense. You can sell shares if you want. Do I smell jealousy?

SHELLY said:
He certainly HOPES the boom will last...considering he's been cashing out his shares of JOE hand-over-fist for months & months:

Rummell Insider Selling of JOE

But hey, $1.3+ million per month don't go as far in Florida as it used to--the company's shareholders certainly understand that. :blink:
 

Rita

margarita brocolia
Dec 1, 2004
5,318
1,031
Dune Allen Beach
Donna said:
Shelly is a fictional character created to inspire misgivings and virtual angst. He/she is not part of the world of accademia or of business. Shelly is a signpost in a two-dimensional world: fear and loathing. :pissed: :sosad: :eek:

OR a signpost going nowhere?
 

Kimmifunn

Funnkalicious
Jun 27, 2005
9,699
22
41
Hollyhood
Donna said:
Shelly is a fictional character created to inspire misgivings and virtual angst. He/she is not part of the world of accademia or of business. Shelly is a signpost in a two-dimensional world: fear and loathing. :pissed: :sosad: :eek:
Oh snap Miss D! ;-)
 

SHELLY

SoWal Insider
Jun 13, 2005
5,775
802
Advance The Man said:
You're getting it mixed up a little bit. "insider trading" is illegal, but "insider selling" makes no sense.

It does if you're familiar with the stock market. :cool:
 
New posts