• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

iphone withdrawal

New posts
Andy: believe it or not, I have always resisted new upgrades in technology. I drive a ten year old pick-up. My desktop computer is maybe eight or nine years old. I continued to use cassettes for maybe eight years after CD's were introduced. I consider myself very traditional, if not borderline neatherthal about others.

But, once I got an iphone, it transformed me (to an extent). I am simply more organized and informed. And more entertained. It's truly great, but I'm not unaware of the pitfalls of too much dependence on technology.

It's simply a great, great product. As far as inventions go, I rank it right up there with CocaCola and the electric guitar.
 
My wife babysits as her full time job from home. These mothers comeby at the end of the day to pick up their kids and they pull in the driveway talking on their phones. Once they get in the house they are so busy playing on their phones they can't take time to findout how their kids were for the day. Then they leave again talking on the phone. How rude!! I use my old cell phone for work but i am not connected toit 24 hours a day like a lot of others.
 
Lake - agree with the iPhone being a life changer. I was not married to my phone before. I left it at home often and didn't care. Now, it's a such a useful tool in so many neat ways. Heck it is just as easy to post this using my phone as the computer.

Kish - I do not understand how phones have managed to do away with manners. I still don't understand anyone using a phone in a restaurant or many other situations.
 
Let me list the ways: email, messages, radar weather, GPS navigation, maps, news, facebook, SoWal...mine even has a flashlight app...I use "notes" a bunch to remember little things I use to have to find pen and paper for...the calendar can be useful if i would remember to check it... and i can surf the net any time, anywhere... or watch every video ever made on Youtube...I don't have one game (i have never played video games since Pacman) and yet I am never without amusement at my fingertips. Oh yeah, and you can use it as a telephone, which I need all the time in my work. By the way, I submitted my claim for a replacement at 4PM yesterday and got my new one delivered to my door by 1PM today. Happy camper.

did I forget to mention music, photos, camera, and video camera?
 
Last edited:
Did you mention texting? Love it. Why talk to anyone ever again? Hahaha. Really.

Also, google calendar is awesome. It auto syncs with my google cal on my computer. Use it more than anything.

I never had an iPod bit now I love it on the phone.

I don't use many apps but the few I use are terrific: movies, weather, flashlight, calculator, alarm clock, Fb, twitter. SoWal.

Lots of email and texting. And some browsing & shopping.

Google maps/gps. Don't know how I ever drove anywhere without it.
All tools I didn't have before but now must have.
 
Last edited:
I'm working on a way to implant my iphone into my skull. I'd just be easier that way.
 
Yeah, a lot of that gray matter, up there, is obsolete anyway.:cool:
 
Let me list the ways: email, messages, radar weather, GPS navigation, maps, news, facebook, SoWal...mine even has a flashlight app...I use "notes" a bunch to remember little things I use to have to find pen and paper for...the calendar can be useful if i would remember to check it... and i can surf the net any time, anywhere... or watch every video ever made on Youtube...I don't have one game (i have never played video games since Pacman) and yet I am never without amusement at my fingertips. Oh yeah, and you can use it as a telephone, which I need all the time in my work. By the way, I submitted my claim for a replacement at 4PM yesterday and got my new one delivered to my door by 1PM today. Happy camper.

did I forget to mention music, photos, camera, and video camera?

Well, you've convinced me to at least consider...naw, I still don't think so, but...maybe?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top