• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is it time for a new car?

  • Thread starter Thread starter DD
  • Start date Start date
New posts

DD

SoWal Expert
I need tires. I need shocks. I need new windshield wiper blades. I always trade vehicles when I need new tires. I haven't bought tires in oh....about 20 years. I really love my Pathfinder. I don't love it quite so much when gas is $4.00 a gallon, but right now, life is good. I've had it for 4 years come June. I hate buying a new car...the whole experience is pretty infuriating. But I love driving the new one off the lot. I need a fairly large vehicle with all the grandkids and trips to SoWal:wub:. I also plan to do a little re-decorating this year..furniture wise, so I might need to haul some stuff.
Thoughts? Recommendations?
 
Is there anything actually wrong w/ the car? Is it well suited to your needs/errands/trips?

Sounds like Mr. DD needs to take it in for the 3 items you mentioned (because they make it lose its shine in your winter cabin fevered eyes) or you need a fun little sporty car you can drive while you keep this one primarily for hauling and Sowalling! :biggrin:
 
Is there anything actually wrong w/ the car? Is it well suited to your needs/errands/trips?

Sounds like Mr. DD needs to take it in for the 3 items you mentioned (because they make it lose its shine in your winter cabin fevered eyes) or you need a fun little sporty car you can drive while you keep this one primarily for hauling and Sowalling! :biggrin:

No, nothing that tires, shocks and blades wouldn't help. I think you might be right though about the winter cabin fever eyes! It is well suited to my needs. I wish I could afford a sporty little number, but alas, I can only have one. I think I'm on my own. Mr. DD and I long ago agreed that we would never speak of car issues with each other. :lol:
 
I think your vehicle just needs a day at the automotive beauty salon - and a trip to Sowal to get the kinks out! :wave:

:wave:I think you might be right!!:clap:
 
Did you see the new Hyundai ad? Their new promo - if you buy a new Hyundai and lose your job in the first year, they'll take it back!!!
 
NOW IS A GREAT TIME TO BUY!! :biggrin:

Desperate Retailers Try Frantic Discounts and Giveaways

At a dealership on the outskirts of Miami, people who agree to buy one Dodge Ram truck can get a second truck or car ? free.

In Davie, Fla., University Dodge dreamed up a ?Buy 1 ... Get 2!? deal to attract the attention of potential customers and whittle excess inventory, which had spilled onto the lot next door. So far, the dealership has sold 40 vehicles under the promotion, which promises customers a free Dodge Ram, Dodge Caliber or PT Cruiser if they buy a 2008 Ram.

?Most people think we?re crazy,? said Ali Ahmed, the sales manager. ?More than anything, it?s a way to catch the customer?s interest than to just offer a percentage or dollar amount off. They?ve heard that before.?

The dealership has advertised its two-for-one car sale online and in newspapers, Mr. Ahmed said, and customers have been calling and showing up to see whether the sale is a gag. But it is no joke from Mr. Ahmed?s point of view: an estimated 900 auto dealerships out of 20,770 nationwide went out of business in 2008, according to industry estimates, and Mr. Ahmed said he did not want to join the thousands likely to close this year.

?It?s a tough environment,? he said. ?Of the dealers around you now, you know some of them aren?t going to be on the map next year. If you can steal a little bit of market share now, you?re not going to be one of those.?

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/03/business/media/03marketing.html?_r=1&ref=business
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top