TooFarTampa
SoWal Insider
Well, us Yankees have invaded the Wewa end and have been well received. However, four weeks in and I'm sticking to my "you guys" rather than "ya'll."![]()
See Mangy? It can be done!

Can't wait to hear the rest of the story!

Well, us Yankees have invaded the Wewa end and have been well received. However, four weeks in and I'm sticking to my "you guys" rather than "ya'll."![]()


I can not wait to hear the "rest of the story"
Added to DD's list: You must learn to use the word "slap" correctly. It is sometimes used to indicate person-on-person physical violence, as in "I'm gonna slap you into next week if you don't straighten up!" But it is more often used as an adjective/adverb (I'm not sure which!) as in, "That big wave knocked me slap off my raft!"
Well, us Yankees have invaded the Wewa end and have been well received. However, four weeks in and I'm sticking to my "you guys" rather than "ya'll."![]()
Yes, and in New York, it's Yo, you guys! 
Mango, I haven't read all of the posts, so forgive me if I repeat someone. As I understand it, when you move to SoWal and like it enough to not leave, you are what a true Suthenuh (said in with a very suthun accent) would describe as a "damn" yankee.
but, we've never lived outside of New York, and there are career changes involved too. I also have family here. We think they may follow suit eventually, not Sowal, but driving range. This is important because I have been in Sowal and could have stayed longer, but rushed back home when I got a call from nephew upset because he mistook the day I was coming home to meet him on the school bus. (ask Tootsie) 
It seems one also needs to learn what it is to "show yourself." Not so much of the sans clothes variety, but more like giving someone a piece of your mind.
Example:
"She was lucky I didn't show myself when she said that my sweet tea wasn't sweet enough."
(merely an example. this did not really happen ;-))
Yes, and in New York, it's Yo, you guys!
It's all clear now. Y'all are cracking me up with the ironing and all. Thank you for that, because I really need the laughs.
Right now MANgo and I are doing some prep work to put our house on the market. So, reality is setting in and it's all exciting, but bittersweet at the same time. I knowbut, we've never lived outside of New York, and there are career changes involved too. I also have family here. We think they may follow suit eventually, not Sowal, but driving range. This is important because I have been in Sowal and could have stayed longer, but rushed back home when I got a call from nephew upset because he mistook the day I was coming home to meet him on the school bus. (ask Tootsie)
Something tells me this is all going to work out just fine and it's "the time", but when MANgo told me he didn't think I could take my Kett car and ride it down the bike path, or my stainless steel washer, or my light up snowman, I cried.
I fell in love with Sowal the minute I laid eyes on it and felt at home. I know we will be coming "home" to a warm, welcoming community, and it's not like we will be moving somewhere we do not know a soul. For that I am forever grateful to this site.
I will keep y'all updated with what's cooking, and all the other crap I have to leave behind.![]()
