• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Is Sowal Ready for Full time Yankees?

New posts
Unfortunately Frosty can only be displayed in the yard of a home on wheels.

Seriously though we could have a light up plastic christmas decor exchange. :biggrin: I used to have one of those giant 3 foot candles.

Who said Frosty was plastic? :idontno: It's made of steel and wood and he is feeding cardinal birds. It's unique,handcrafted, and I will never find another like it. It even has a frosted paint on it and it looks pretty when the sun hits it.

OK, a plastic holiday yard ornament could be hysterical. I think I would find a plastic unicorn for Jdarg and decorate it to look like Rudolph, you know multi-function, and I already found BB's. A little green holly around the neck and you can't go wrong. :lol:
 
Who said Frosty was plastic? :idontno: It's made of steel and wood and he is feeding cardinal birds. It's unique,handcrafted, and I will never find another like it. It even has a frosted paint on it and it looks pretty when the sun hits it.

OK, a plastic holiday yard ornament could be hysterical. I think I would find a plastic unicorn for Jdarg and decorate it to look like Rudolph, you know multi-function, and I already found BB's. A little green holly around the neck and you can't go wrong. :lol:


I love it! :funn::funn: Who says you can't have Christmas decorations in FL?
 
Here's another thing that you must get used to in the South, Mangy. When we refer to a soft drink which in other parts of the country is referred to as soda or pop, we call it a Coke, even if it's a Pepsi or some other soft drink. ;-)

I disagree with this and I always have. If I want a Coke, I ask for a Coke. (My Dad will ask for a Co-Cola.) If I want a Diet Mountain Dew, I ask for a Diet Mountain Dew. Same with Sprite, Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc. We've never used "Coke" as a catch-all name. However, we will raise an eyebrow at anyone who asks for Pepsi in Georgia. We make allowances for Mountain Dew, since Mello Yello has never quite matched up to it.

I don't ask for a Soda, because I have never enjoyed drinking Arm & Hammer. Pop can refer to a sound effect (usually from being slapped upside the head.) The only time it is used in connection with a beverage is in something like, "Hey, Pop--can you bring me a Diet Coke?"

If I want an adhesive bandage, I ask for a Band Aid. They're in the bathroom, near the Q-Tips and Kleenex (as opposed to the cotton swabs and tissue). I don't keep my Crisco over the Frigidaire--it's near the Pam.
 
Friends have told us the differnece between yankees and damn yankees is that the yankees come for an visit and leave whereas the damn yankees stay. From one damn yankee to another - welcome.
 
I have much experience in this area. I am a Texan -- who spent time in Mobile, AL -- and then moved to Washington DC for 22 years. Now I am a part time resident on 30A -- and cannot wait until the day I can become a full time resident.

JFK once said that Washington DC was a city that had it all ... Northern charm and Southern efficiency. I think he had that about right. People there do not know what it means when you say you're fixin' to do something -- nor do they appreciate fried okra. They don't under stand that when you say you want a couple of items -- that you mean two.

The thing I love about 30A corridor is that the locals are very friendly. That's a sincere compliment coming from a Texan.

Bdub
 
we can handle it if you can...:boxing:
 
Friends have told us the differnece between yankees and damn yankees is that the yankees come for an visit and leave whereas the damn yankees stay. From one damn yankee to another - welcome.

Hey! It took you long enough to "come out!" Know that you're loving it there and surely won't miss the snow. :wave:
.
 
Who said Frosty was plastic? :idontno: It's made of steel and wood and he is feeding cardinal birds. It's unique,handcrafted, and I will never find another like it. It even has a frosted paint on it and it looks pretty when the sun hits it.

OK, a plastic holiday yard ornament could be hysterical. I think I would find a plastic unicorn for Jdarg and decorate it to look like Rudolph, you know multi-function, and I already found BB's. A little green holly around the neck and you can't go wrong. :lol:

Whoops, just assumed it was plastic. :biggrin: As long as it's not inflatable, those things are just rediculous. Sounds like yours might be too "classy" for the south. :funn:

I disagree with this and I always have. If I want a Coke, I ask for a Coke. (My Dad will ask for a Co-Cola.) If I want a Diet Mountain Dew, I ask for a Diet Mountain Dew. Same with Sprite, Coke Zero, Diet Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, etc. We've never used "Coke" as a catch-all name. However, we will raise an eyebrow at anyone who asks for Pepsi in Georgia. We make allowances for Mountain Dew, since Mello Yello has never quite matched up to it.

I don't ask for a Soda, because I have never enjoyed drinking Arm & Hammer. Pop can refer to a sound effect (usually from being slapped upside the head.) The only time it is used in connection with a beverage is in something like, "Hey, Pop--can you bring me a Diet Coke?"

If I want an adhesive bandage, I ask for a Band Aid. They're in the bathroom, near the Q-Tips and Kleenex (as opposed to the cotton swabs and tissue). I don't keep my Crisco over the Frigidaire--it's near the Pam.

:scratch: Are you sure your a southerner? I don't even ask for diet coke or diet pepsi in a restaurant, it's so much easier to just say diet. I hate being lectured that someone doesn't carry one cola product and then I have to say diet (insert cola product of choice).
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top