• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Is Sowal Ready for Full time Yankees?

New posts
Mango this sounds so exciting. You will be a wonderful addition to the community there. I hope it all goes smoothly and the bittersweet part quickly becomes only sweet.

May you have many wonderful years of happiness in the sand. :wub:
 
Whoops, just assumed it was plastic. :biggrin: As long as it's not inflatable, those things are just rediculous. Sounds like yours might be too "classy" for the south. :funn:
Same here!


:scratch: Are you sure your a southerner? I don't even ask for diet coke or diet pepsi in a restaurant, it's so much easier to just say diet. I hate being lectured that someone doesn't carry one cola product and then I have to say diet (insert cola product of choice).

Are you sure YOU are a southerner?! In Georgia, servers know better than to lecture. The franchises that serve Pepsi (Pizza Hut & Taco Bell come to mind) generally apologize, as in "I'm sorry...we have Pepsi products. Is that alright?"
 
Here's a little tutorial to get you started:

How to talk native SOUTHERN in one easy lesson

Aig - What a hen lays

Aints - He's got aints in his paints

Paints - What cha put on your laigs of a mornin

Arn - Ma's tard of arnin

Bag - He bagged her to marry him

Bobbed - A bobbed wire fence

Bresh - He had a bresh with the law, and the law won.

Bub - the light bub burned out

Cheer - What you set in

Crick - A small stream

Clum - He sure clum that tree fastern any 'coon

Chiny - country over in Asia

Chuch duds - Sunday go-to-meetin clothes

Core - He got hisself a new Ford core

Cyow - Animal on Farm

Deppity - He helps out the shurf

Dribbed - He dribbed milk on his shirt

Dainz - Satidy night social

Ellum - A graceful tree

Fanger - What you put your rang on

Faince - Whats round the hawg lot

Far - What get the brandin arn hot

Furred - He got furred from his job

Flar - A rose is a purdy flar

Frash - Them aigs ain't frash

Furiners - All non-'bamans, or non-Texans

Further - Hits ten miles further to town

Grain - She was grain with envy

Hail - Where bad folks go

Hep - Poor George, he can't hep it, he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

Hern - It aint hern, it's his'n

Hilbilly - People in the next county:floor:

Hollar - Whats between the hills

Hard - Got a brend new hard

hand Tar - His core blew a tar

Laymun - A sour fruit

Laig - Most folks have two of them

Lather - What you climb up

Liberry - Where you go to check out books for larnin

Mailk - what you get from cyows

Mere - What you see your self in

Minners - Live bait

Misrus - Married Woman

Nar - Opposite of wide

Nayk - Your head sets on it

Nup - No

Orrel - Them hinges need orrel

Ormy - What the sojers go in

Pank - A light red color

Parch - Sit out on the parch and watch the grass grow

Petition - What separate the rooms

Poke - A paper bag or sack

Pokey - What the shurf and deppity puts crimnals in Poke

Salit - A green vegetable

Puppet - What the preacher is in

Purdy - She is purdy as a pitcher

Purt near - Almost; he purt near caught that greased pig

Rang - You wear it on your fanger

Rut - That there tree sure has long ruts

Rah cheer - I was born rah cheer in town

Rainch - A big cow farm

Rat - Do it rat now!

Rench - Rench the soap yourself

Roont - She plum roont her shoes (there are variations of this)

Salary - A stringy vegetable

Soardeens - Small canned fish

Shar - A light rain

Gully Worsher - A medium heavy rain

Toad strangler - A heavy rain Sody

Pop - A soft drink

Sprang - Water out'n the ground

Shurf - The Shurf put Clem in jail

Storch - This here aprn has to much storch in it

Skeered - that plumb skeered me to death

Thanks - He shore thanks he's smart

Tho - Tho me the ball

Thoat - I shore got a sore thoat

War - A bobbed war fance

Worsh - Go worsh your face

Warter - What you worsh your face in

Yurp - A continent overseas
One is wrong. We don't say pop in the south, we say Coke!
 
I disagree with this and I always have. If I want a Coke, I ask for a Coke. (My Dad will ask for a Co-Cola.) If I want a Diet Mountain Dew, I ask for a Diet Mountain Dew...
You're right about that. I just was referring to the fact that when I make a grocery list and we need any soft drinks, I put the generic "Cokes" on my list, as I have done on the Seagrove Publix map that I've posted.;-)

The only thing I don't like about Nuevo Laredo Cantina in Atlanta is that we're forced to either drink Pepsi products or alcohol. :eek: I go with the latter unless I'm driving.:lol:
 
You're right about that. I just was referring to the fact that when I make a grocery list and we need any soft drinks, I put the generic "Cokes" on my list, as I have done on the Seagrove Publix map that I've posted.;-)

The only thing I don't like about Nuevo Laredo Cantina in Atlanta is that we're forced to either drink Pepsi products or alcohol. :eek: I go with the latter unless I'm driving.:lol:

When I was a child, I was allowed to get cokes at restaurants -- a big treat. So, I would tell the waitress I wanted a coke. And I would wait for her to tell me what type of cokes they had. (I was hoping she'd say Fanta Grape or Orange!) A few times the waitress wouldn't ask me what type I wanted and would bring me a regular Coke. :confused: It only took a few times of such grave disappointment for me to learn the difference.
 
The only thing I don't like about Nuevo Laredo Cantina in Atlanta is that we're forced to either drink Pepsi products or alcohol. :eek: I go with the latter unless I'm driving.:lol:

:shock: I don't think i've ever even tried to order something other than a margarita there. . . I guess it's not a coincidence that I don't choose to go there if I am the driver! :drink2:
 
I haven't been on the board for awhile &
Mango.... what exciting news to be greeted by!!!!!


DD... Your list is hysteria !! Here's a couple more ...

YUNT - TOO & AWWW - ITE:

Mangy: "Hey MANgo, less ussen move to SoWal... YUNT - TOO???"
MANgo: "AWWW - ITE!!"
 
:biggrin:
Then there is :

ovair=over there. :biggrin:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top