• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

derba

Beach Comber
Jul 14, 2005
Locals looks out for other locals by sharing their experiences-good or bad. His experience was horrid and that seems to be backed up by quite a few other locals experiences. I personally will now never waste my money at that restaurant, as there are plenty of amazing alternatives 'locally'. Plus, why the heck would he want to revisit for a 'face-to-face'?! He went there to eat, not for a therapy session! I greatly appreciate his original post and I am glad there are locals looking out for my culinary interests! ;-)

EDIT: After checking out your previous posts, I now see that you are the manager or perhaps owner of the restaurant in question. Perhaps your energy would be better spent fixing the problems expressed by the original poster or offering him a free meal to make up for the disaster he experienced. Just your attitude towards a complaint makes me not want to eat at your establishment. Fortunately there are plenty of world class alternatives..."locally".

Wrong on both accounts - but, it appears a nerve has been struck.

Wrong on both accounts - but, it appears a nerve has been struck.

I guess your posting for positions open at the said restaurant and advertising for its opening would imply your completely unbiased opinion regarding it?

snowman

Beach Lover
Apr 1, 2008
we are on a TIGHT budget...so every little review on this site helps me spend my $$$'s wisely. i have only disagreed with a few. i do like to hear both positive and negative reviews. if a place can't handle reviews about their restaurant then they should get out now......you have to be able to handle the good and the bad.

we had a experience with one of our favorite places (jim&nicks).....our food was sosoo cold....we would of walked out saying nothing but the manager asked us how our food was...we told him the truth and he gave us a $50 gift card to come back and try them again...i'm glad we did....we haven't had a bad meal since.:D

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I can't comment on JC off the Hook (never been there), but as for Mexican food, I've been impressed with the quality of food at Don Pedros on 98. Everything I've eaten there has been very fresh and very good. I think they are locally owned -- it doesn't seem like a chain.

thanks sneakyP. I like Don Pedros - they offer mexican entrees (isn't it limited?) but... also kind of like a diner with burgers, cubans, etc. you are right - they are very good, and the price is right as well.

Teresa

SoWal Guide
Staff member
Nov 15, 2004
South Walton, FL
sowal.com
I wish someone would have leveled the Nick's building after the fire and put that shiny stainless steel looking old fashioned diner thingy there- the one that is sitting back from Highway 98- I believe between Ace Hardward and the new Publix location...

It would be great to have a 30A diner to go to- I bet it'd be packed for breakfast and if they could nail burgers (think Tops Burgers) then they'd do fine the rest of the time. Kind of a mom and pop cross between Johhny Rockets and Waffle House...

:dunno:

EDIT: This was not intended to be a slight toward JC's...

great idea geo. we need a diner on 30A!!!

have you tried Don Pedros? it's a pretty good diner.

A_South_Waltoner

Beach Comber
Jun 12, 2009
great idea geo. we need a diner on 30A!!!

have you tried Don Pedros? it's a pretty good diner.

I view Cafe Bouchee a diner! Even the furniture is diner-esque. And the menu too. Try it out if you haven't and stick with the "diner" type dishes - breakfast, burgers, sandwiches...not a great experience with the fish.