• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Jet Ski Info?

New posts

olive

Beach Fanatic
Happy Friday Everybody!!

I have a client who is asking about jet skis. She wants to know where they can be rented, or if she buys one, stored, and put in. :idontno: It is probably painfully obvious that I have no idea what I'm talking about so any info would be appreciated.:D
 
I think Beachrunner had mentioned places in Destin because they found the 30-A area not so jet-ski friendly, including launching at the bay. Sorry Olive, that is all I remember- I have no clue what I am talking about either.
 
I think Beachrunner had mentioned places in Destin because they found the 30-A area not so jet-ski friendly, including launching at the bay. Sorry Olive, that is all I remember- I have no clue what I am talking about either.

THANKS!!
 
Happy Friday Everybody!!

I have a client who is asking about jet skis. She wants to know where they can be rented, or if she buys one, stored, and put in. :idontno: It is probably painfully obvious that I have no idea what I'm talking about so any info would be appreciated.:D

On your end of SoWal you may want to advise them to rent or launch in PCB. Shouldn't be too far a drive from the county line before they find vendors. I don't know if there is a launch before you get to the bay though.
 
I think Beachrunner had mentioned places in Destin because they found the 30-A area not so jet-ski friendly, including launching at the bay. Sorry Olive, that is all I remember- I have no clue what I am talking about either.
Yeah, that was one of the posts that got deleted. We've tried launching our daughter's boyfriend's jet skis from the 331 bridge, but it's not very fun with no amenities and no shelter. We wouldn't do that again.

We've had fun on jet skis in the Destin harbor and bay. Some friends of ours have a couple of places at the marina and a compound on the bay, so it's fun to go back and forth (and use their amenities-LOL). But even if you don't have friends there, there used to be places to rent jet skis on the harbor. Easier than dealing with launching from a trailer. Can't help you with any phone numbers - sorry. :(
 
Check out 331 Watersports on the Destin Harbor, 850 428-3313. For a very short while they were located at the north end of the 331 bridge. They are now on the harbor, which is really the best place to go to play with the waverunners. Crab Island is right there and you can go along the bay on Okaloosa Island. The owners are wonderful people (they are local SoWalers), you can make reservations, and they have all the supplies there that you could want.

If launching your own boat or waverunners, I recommend Cessna Landing. There are bathrooms and picnic tables with shade. I haven't been there in a while so I'm not sure what kind of shape they're in. I had read that Walton County was spending some money on it, but don't know if it's been done.
 
Cessna is the best place to launch...its a great little local launch...Its a shame waverunners get such a bad rap...I see so many riders acting irresponsibly, it makes them easy to dislike...I'm rigging one to fish and love 'em
 
Thanks, everyone!

This is very helpful.
 
Cessna Landing is on hwy 393, north of Hwy 98 and lauches in the Bay, a few miles east of Sandestin. From there, it would be about a 20 mile ride to the Destin Pass and that would be your entry into the Gulf. Again, there is not a public lauch for jet ski's into the Gulf in Walton County. You will have to go to either PCB and access the Gulf via the Bay, or go to Destin and access via the Bay or maybe Harbour.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top