• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

STL Don

Beach Fanatic
Mar 7, 2005
Mermaid said:
No secrets with you, Kimmifunn! We actually do get beer at Tom Thumb, though. Sometimes we don't arrive 'til past midnight and that's the only place close by that is open. They have great prices, too. Even if it's not fancy beer. :lolabove:

I've bought the Bacardi lemon rum at the liquor store by Publix and the guy was really knowledgeable about the hard stuff. We haven't bought any wine there (yet). STLDon, we've had good luck at Cocoons, if you mean the place that's by the art gallery that's not in business. What was the name of that? Art that doesn't match the couch? or something along those lines.
Cocoons II was next to Collaborations and they are both gone, but it may have been into Cocoons.

Amp22

Beach Fanatic
Jan 11, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Wait a minute. I'm confused. Collaborations is gone and Margaux's is gone, but Cocoon's II replaced Margaux's. Or is Cocoon's II now gone?

Yes - there will be condos there.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
Beach Runner said:
Wow! As Johnny Carson would say, "I-DID-NOT-KNOW-THAT."

Can't blink too long...it might be gone!

Chickpea

Beach Fanatic
Dec 15, 2005
30-A Corridor
Mermaid said:
No matter how much wine and beer we bring to the beach with us, it always disappears too fast. (wonder how that happens :roll: ) We end up having to replenish supplies so I'd love it if all the locals chimed in with their Best Buys and Great Finds.

And even better, what food you matched it with! I'd love to know what locally purchased white wine would go with the shrimp and fish I get at Goatfeathers, or what beer goes with that Kobe beef burger.

There are lots of wines and beers I see on 30-A that I know will never make it north of the Mason-Dixon line, so tell all!!! I'm thirsty. ;-)
Mermaid - try Larder - the Owners know a lot about wine -they have all price points and a great selection.

Mermaid

picky
Aug 11, 2005
Chickpea said:
Mermaid - try Larder - the Owners know a lot about wine -they have all price points and a great selection.

Thanks, Chickpea. Larder is within walking distance, so we should give it a shot.

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
Sam's Club in PC has good prices on liquor, beer & wine. We've also had luck at the Winn Dixie (sign up for the Saver Card) going east on 98. Love the little liquor store on 30-a in Blue Mt. Beach, too.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
josebby said:
Sam's Club in PC has good prices on liquor, beer & wine. We've also had luck at the Winn Dixie (sign up for the Saver Card) going east on 98. Love the little liquor store on 30-a in Blue Mt. Beach, too.

Hello josebby!!! I am going to be down there for the month of April. Any chance of you being there, too?

josebby

Beach Lover
Aug 14, 2005
I'd love to get out for a drink with you and all of the SoWal gulls! I'll try my best to be there in April. It IS the best month of all! :D