• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Looking for a restaurant serving Flounder

New posts
Fresh flounder is not very common so we have much more snapper or Grouper.

Maybe Goatfeather


I'm a bit confused... Gulf Flounder is a very common fish in local water(s). Perhaps not as commonly served or sold, but plentiful.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a bit confused... Gulf Flounder is a very common fish in local water(s). Perhaps not as commonly served or sold, but plentiful.

Correct, but floundering is a lot different from fishing. You need flat waters, full moon or lighting rig and someone to gig them. All the other fish are easy net or line caught.
 
I miss the old Chapman's restaurant on 331 just north of Black Creek Rd. They always had it, and it was wonderful!
 
I recently enjoyed a whole fried flounder at The Station Raw Bar in downtown Apalachicola. It was delicious and such a treat because I haven't seen flounder on a menu in a long time. Love it.

FB_IMG_1684681467183.jpg
 
Do any local restaurants have flounder on the menu?
Stinky's has it from time to time, and i think i've seen it on the board at Shunk Gulley occasionally as well. Like someone above said, you'll mostly find grouper and snapper since that's what most people prefer. I don't think many of the (mostly) bay fish are commercially harvested enough to have a permanent menu spot (except redfish). It's a shame too b/c flounder and sheepshead are two of my faves.
 
Stinky's has it from time to time, and i think i've seen it on the board at Shunk Gulley occasionally as well. Like someone above said, you'll mostly find grouper and snapper since that's what most people prefer. I don't think many of the (mostly) bay fish are commercially harvested enough to have a permanent menu spot (except redfish). It's a shame too b/c flounder and sheepshead are two of my faves.
Choctawhatchee Bay Mullet is another thing you don't often see in SoWal. Nick's in Basin Bayou normally has it. Many people who say they don't like mullet have never tried it - but it has to be fresh!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top