• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Looking for Gulffront Townhome

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finding someone like that is hard. As soon as they hear what I am looking for and they know that they are not out there, they start trying to steer me to pre-construction. Or at least it has been some of the pattern. Other people tell me I should buy pre-construction and flip it, but I am really looking for something to hold long term and pass down to my son. Thanks to all! Any input is most appreciated. I want to be loaded and ready to go when I arrive on June 4th!!
 
beachyj said:
As soon as they hear what I am looking for and they know that they are not out there,...

If it is not out there, what makes you think that you can find it?

beachyj said:
Other people tell me I should buy pre-construction and flip it, but I am really looking for something to hold long term and pass down to my son.
Sounds like the people with whom you are talking are not listening to your needs.


beachyj said:
I want to be loaded and ready to go when I arrive on June 4th!!

"loaded" as in drunk, or as in pockets of cash to buy property?
 
Smiling JOe said:
If it is not out there, what makes you think that you can find it?


Sounds like the people with whom you are talking are not listening to your needs.




"loaded" as in drunk, or as in pockets of cash to buy property?

:shock: :floor:
 
beachyj said:
Finding someone like that is hard. As soon as they hear what I am looking for and they know that they are not out there, they start trying to steer me to pre-construction. Or at least it has been some of the pattern. Other people tell me I should buy pre-construction and flip it, but I am really looking for something to hold long term and pass down to my son. Thanks to all! Any input is most appreciated. I want to be loaded and ready to go when I arrive on June 4th!!

It's not too hard to find out who the pros are, just takes a little patience. Long-term is wise and most would say foolproof here. You should be able to find something you like. Long term around here these days means 2 years. Don't hesitate to pay market value or higher if you're in it long term.
 
Last edited:
You guys are too funny! :floor: I will wait until I get there to get loaded. My friend has promised me her famous apple martinis upon arrival! Perhaps armed with information would have been a better choice of words.

I do not believe that what I am looking for does not exist, just that there are no units currently for sale on the open market.
 
beachyj said:
You guys are too funny! :floor: I will wait until I get there to get loaded. My friend has promised me her famous apple martinis upon arrival! Perhaps armed with information would have been a better choice of words.

I do not believe that what I am looking for does not exist, just that there are no units currently for sale on the open market.

Just be patient and one will come up :cool:
 
Well you're right about the beachfront townhomes on 30A unless you're ready to drop about 4 million for Andante or Tagganale. You can get them in Destin and Panama City Beach though.

Regarding 30A:

I did a search for Attached units and came up with a couple which are mostly duplexes. there's one on South Spooky which is as close as you'll find to gulffront for less than a million on 30A.

Here's the closest you can get to gulffront attached units on 30A:

http://ecarmls.com/EmeraldReports/listings.asp?ID=73204432

There are quite a few good size gulffront condos on 30A. Here's today's lineup on 30A:
http://ecarmls.com/EmeraldReports/listings.asp?ID=73204433

Here's the available gulfront townhomes in Destin:

http://ecarmls.com/EmeraldReports/listings.asp?ID=73204434

Also some available on the west end of Panama City Beach. Here's true townhomes in PC Beach

http://panamacitymls.net/BayReports/listings.asp?ID=R1612773



If you'd like the full listing on any of the listings or would like additional info, feel free to email me direct and would be happy to send to you.

Take care,

Debbie
debbie@uniquepanhandleproperties.com
www.uniquepanhandleproperties.com
 
Does it matter whether a place was built before the new hurricane building codes went into effect (when was that?). I'd assume the newer buildings will be better able to withstand a hurricane than buildings that were built before new codes went into effect (after Hurricane Opal?). What do you think? When we bought our cottages, being built to the new hurricane standards was very important to us.
 
After Ivan, I definitely felt that the new codes were worth it when I saw the damage to the older homes south of 30A in Dune Allen. It was pretty clear to me that the new stuff held up much better with virtually no structural damage (at least the ones I saw) I lost 2 fans on my top balcony but that was it. No broken windows in my area. Even the roofs seem to hold pretty well. :clap_1:

Paula said:
Does it matter whether a place was built before the new hurricane building codes went into effect (when was that?). I'd assume the newer buildings will be better able to withstand a hurricane than buildings that were built before new codes went into effect (after Hurricane Opal?). What do you think? When we bought our cottages, being built to the new hurricane standards was very important to us.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top