• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Lost - Kayak - Eastern Lake

New posts
Just kidding :biggrin: . It's a Hobbie Kona that I bought from Jim at the rental place during his big end of season rental fleet sale :cool:

I'm disappointed. The first one sounds more fun, although not on Eastern Lake.

Would "Jim at the rental place" be Seagrove Icehouse? I wanted to get down there, but now it will be next weekend before I can - leaving for East TN tomorrow.
 
Since I'm kind of casually shopping for a kayak, what's RiverOtter's new one? What's nice about it?
I have only one seaters that are made for riding the waves -- very manuverable. The Hobie Kona is a two seater, and the seat rests are very nice :confused:. The boat holds a straight line and is fairly wide, making it very stable. It is a bit on the heavy side compared to mine, but it is no heavier than my canoe, so I can load it without assistance.

Edit: it looks just like the red one which you took the photo of, Treefrog -- same model.
 
Last edited:
I'm disappointed. The first one sounds more fun, although not on Eastern Lake.

Would "Jim at the rental place" be Seagrove Icehouse? I wanted to get down there, but now it will be next weekend before I can - leaving for East TN tomorrow.
That is the one and the same Jim.
 
Cool! I ordered, from a local shop, and got my Yakima Kayak rack.

OK, so I'm looking at Yakima's web site. Which rack are you getting?

The Hully Roller/Mako Saddle combo sure looks like it would make loading and unloading easy.

Did you get the Mighty Mounts to adapt to your roof rack?
 
OK, so I'm looking at Yakima's web site. Which rack are you getting?

The Hully Roller/Mako Saddle combo sure looks like it would make loading and unloading easy.

Did you get the Mighty Mounts to adapt to your roof rack?


Yup, I ordered the yakima Mightymounts with the Hully Rollers and mako Saddle. Proplem is the Mako Saddles don't work with the Mightymounts. Either that or they need another part to work. Both my trucks have the factory cross bars so I don't need the Yakima cross bars. As I was assembling the Mako Saddles the manuel said "does not work with Mighty Mounts and Factory crossbars"
smirk.gif
 
Yup, I ordered the yakima Mightymounts with the Hully Rollers and mako Saddle. Proplem is the Mako Saddles don't work with the Mightymounts. Either that or they need another part to work. Both my trucks have the factory cross bars so I don't need the Yakima cross bars. As I was assembling the Mako Saddles the manuel said "does not work with Mighty Mounts and Factory crossbars"
smirk.gif

That's disappointing. I'm in much the same situation with an Outback that already has crossbars. Let us know how you solve that.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top