• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
If you know I'm joking why ask a stupid question? I've read this whole thread and you're the only one who seems to have a chip on his shoulder over this subject. I hope someone gives you a great big hug soon :love: it will make you feel better.

So that's what you call being in the minority on a subject, in this online community. A chip on shoulder? What minority was it that passed the LSV statute in the first place? That out of state minority? That panhandle, GOP, god fearing, coal loving crowd? please.

poppy

Banned
Sep 10, 2008
Miramar Beach
So that's what you call being in the minority on a subject, in this online community. A chip on shoulder? What minority was it that passed the LSV statute in the first place? That out of state minority? That panhandle, GOP, god fearing, coal loving crowd? please.

I wasn't trying to insult you, it's just your posts read as if you are taking the opposing view personally. I could be wrong.:wave:

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Uhm. No.

See, the way I'm reading this, is that LSVs should be ticketed as they are not legally allowed on roadways that have posted speeds of 45 MPH or more. Since 30A is, in fact, just one road, I don't think that they should be allowed to traverse the roadway at all.

I think that, rather than lowering speed limits to accomodate them, we ought to start enforcing the law and keeping the LSVs in the resort communities where they belong--to help you get from your rental house to the golf course to the clubhouse, WITHIN the community. As many have pointed out, although you don't seem inclined to listen to anyone but yourself, 30A is not one large resort community but a large community containing many resorts (i.e., Rosemary, Seaside, Watercolor, etc.)

It has nothing whatsoever to do with hindering progress, or not being "green" and has everything to do with public safety and convenience. :wave:

ummm, ok, that's cool you think that. maybe you should change the law to fit your view on ridding 30A of LSV's.

As I've said before, Walton County could really make a name for itself by getting out in front (or behind as it were) on this LSV issue in Florida. I'd love to see the headlines. Perhaps the county could also consider passing an ordinance, which makes putting up solar or wind energy devices ineligible for tax credits from state statutes, while they're at it... and then perhaps 4 lane, or put a raised freeway through 30A, since folks are so convinced it is not one cohesive area. SoWal, should simultaneously announce it is splitting into 6 divisions going forward. 5 to represent each individual community in "SoWal" and 1 to represent the 1.2 mile (or 4 miles) stretch of pavement where people just "gun it" to 45MPH.

YEEEEEEEE HAWWWWWW

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
I wasn't trying to insult you, it's just your posts read as if you are taking the opposing view personally. I could be wrong.:wave:

well, I'll give you this. I am getting a bit more intrigued, and impassioned by the rareness of my side of this debate... and for this community in particular. I take the planet personally.

My loneliness in opinion on this thread, stands in contrast to the fact that an LSV statute passed at all in Florida. I'm hearing all the exception to the rule arguments here too.... similar to what you hear anti-environmentalists or flat earthers, or non climate change folks pointing out. Which ride has a bigger carbon footprint I ask you? and I get legitimate rationalizations only, pointing out how legitimate LSV's "might" be more pollutant for jaunts on 30A, than a Nissan Armada.

robertsondavies

Beach Fanatic
Apr 16, 2006
Let's have dueling mock press releases. I'll release mine later when I get time. the ANTI LSV one could be quite funny, too, focusing on non conforming (too slow) SUV's driven by sun burned, judgement impaired, gawking vacations who think ALL of 30A (or SoWal) is some kind of damn resort area, which clearly the oasis stretches of 45MPH pavement indicate SoWal is not a cohesive resort duhhhh