• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

JenniferT

Beach Comber
Jan 25, 2021
Dallas
What can you tell me about this neighborhood? I'm seeing 4 houses in there currently listed for under $1M with price reductions on at least 2 of them. I don't see any other streets with that much inventory listed in that price range. It is a super cute area, so I'm curious if there is something I'm missing on why there is availability at that price.

Camp Creek Kid

Christini Zambini
Feb 20, 2005
Seacrest Beach
What can you tell me about this neighborhood? I'm seeing 4 houses in there currently listed for under $1M with price reductions on at least 2 of them. I don't see any other streets with that much inventory listed in that price range. It is a super cute area, so I'm curious if there is something I'm missing on why there is availability at that price.
I think the price reflects the fact that the houses are quite small. Look at the price per square foot and you see that the houses under $1M are listed at around $750 per square foot. They aren't a "good deal" if you look at price per square foot, but if you have a budget of $1M or under, then they are about all you're going to find for a single family home on the East side of 30A and South of 98. The larger houses in Magnolia Cottages that have sold for over $1M have sold in the upper $500s per square foot. The neighborhood is higher density, but there are two nice pools and it has deeded beach access. Magnolia Cottages is a heavily rented neighborhood. Great if you're buying to rent. Not so great if you're wanting to live there full-time or have a quiet place to relax. The area in general is fantastic. The price reductions are likely because the original list prices were too high compared to the comps.

Ohio Girl

Beach Lover
Feb 13, 2006
Sagamore Hills OH
The homes are a bit dated ... about 16 - 17 years old. Until the last few months, these homes were selling in the 490K to 550K range. This market is crazy and I'm not sure if I would buy at these inflated prices. That being said, maybe the prices will stay high; who knows?