• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Mattress

New posts

yippie

Beach Fanatic
Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can purchase a quality mattress for my bed? I purchased a 2000.00 mattress about 6 months ago and it is already sagging so deep in the middle it is a fight to get out of bed.

Any suggestions would greatly be appreciated and I am wiling to go to Panama City if need be.

Thanks
 
#2000!!!! That's almost as much as my car payment.
Seriously, I had that problem with my $400 matress and solved it with extra slats and a support along the middle of the slats to support the matress from below.
 
We bought our mattress online from Healthy Foundations -- http://www.healthyfoundations.com/memory_foam_mattress.html
It arrived very quickly, vacuum-packed via the men in brown.

barefoot guy - the memory foam mattresses, when you get up in the morning, do they go back to their old shape or do they stay indented?

I think the mattress I have has a memory foam top, but it doesn't go back into shape. I just stays sagged in the middle.
 
About three years ago we bought Beach Jacket a foam mattress at the Mattress Firm in Atlanta. For at least a year it has sagged so badly in the middle that it gives me a backache when I spend the night with her. Any suggestions where I can buy a good queen-sized mattress in Atlanta that won't cost me a boatload of money? I really don't want to spend $1000.
 
Beachrunner - What brand was it? I would like to know so I can avoid that brand.
 
Beachrunner - What brand was it? I would like to know so I can avoid that brand.
I think it was one of their house brands. I just looked at the handwritten invoice, and all it says is "Premier Queen." It is a foam mattress, and we paid $419.99 excluding tax. Unfortunately, we didn't buy the three-year warranty because we've never had a mattress that didn't last at least 15 years. This mattress was purchased in August 2004.
 
Thanks for the link. I'm a little reluctant to get another foam mattress after the bad experience with this one. On second thought, Beach Jacket has back problems from injuries from playing basketball for so many years. Maybe I need to revisit my price point?

It's just really annoying to buy a mattress that doesn't even last three years. :bang:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top