• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mediterranean Shrimp

New posts

Allifunn

FunnChef - AlisonCooks.com
Inspired by my trip. I drove home on my birthday and wanted to treat myself to something so I bought a good bottle of wine and made this dish:

Serving for 2
6 Prawns (I found these at Publix but they usually don't have them, so use shrimp if you have to...1 lb.)
1/2 tomato diced
7 kalamatta olives seeded and chopped
1 TBSP capers
1 garlic clove chopped
1 TBSP or so each chopped FRESH basil & rosemary
Splash of white wine
1 slice of lemon
Fresh grated parmesan cheese or crumbled feta

Cut the prawns into small pieces. Saute' the olives, garlic and capers in olive oil for a minute or so, add the prawns (or shrimp) and saute' until opaque. Add the tomatoes and herbs, saute' until heated through. Add a splash of white wine, squeeze of lemon, and the cheese...heat through and serve with orzo or some other pasta.(I did not have pasta for me though...low carb!)
I also sauteed some green beans and some fresh spinach to go with this.
You can also use Veal scallopini (sp??) lightly dusted with flour and sauteed instead of shrimp...add some sliced mushrooms for additional flavor!:biggrin:
 
Sounds divine!!:biggrin:
 
I need to try this with spinach and multigrain pasta - sounds really good (but first I'll have to get over my irrational fear of capers!)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top