• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Midweek Funny

New posts

lindatat

quirty
Only good one in the dozens of useless emails I got today:
 
How true is that.....
 
I can see quite a few of your spunky girl attitudes in this joke! You gotta love this mother of the bride!!!


Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement -- not even her parents' nasty divorce. Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be the best dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new young wife had bought the exact same dress! Jennifer asked her to exchange it, but she refused. "Absolutely not. I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it," she replied.

Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, "Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day."

A few days later, they went shopping and did find another gorgeous dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, "Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it." Her mother just smiled and replied, "Of course I do, dear. I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding!"
 
Funny funny!!! jdarg...that's JUSTICE!!!!
 
jdarg said:
I can see quite a few of your spunky girl attitudes in this joke! You gotta love this mother of the bride!!!


Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement -- not even her parents' nasty divorce. Her mother had found the PERFECT dress to wear and would be the best dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new young wife had bought the exact same dress! Jennifer asked her to exchange it, but she refused. "Absolutely not. I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it," she replied.

Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, "Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day."

A few days later, they went shopping and did find another gorgeous dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her mother, "Aren't you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it." Her mother just smiled and replied, "Of course I do, dear. I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding!"

The ULTIMATE! Good one jdarg!
 
This one's an old chestnut but every time someone sends it to me I love it even more:


The following is an actual question given on a University of Washington engineering mid-term. The answer was so "profound" that the Professor shared it with colleagues, and the sharing obviously hasn't ceased...

Bonus Question: Is Hell exothermic (gives off heat) or Endothermic (absorbs heat)?

Most of the students wrote Proofs of their beliefs using Boyle's Law, (gas cools off when it expands and heats when it is compressed) or some variant. One student, however, wrote the following:

"First, we need to know how the mass of Hell is changing in time. So we need to know the rate that souls are moving into Hell and the rate they are leaving. I think that we can safely assume that once a soul gets to Hell, it will not leave. Therefore, no souls are leaving. As for how many souls are entering Hell, let us look at the different religions that exist in the world today. Some of these religions state that if you are not a member of their religion, you will go to Hell. Since there are more than one of these religions and since people do not belong to more than one religion, we can project that all souls go to Hell. With birth and death rates as they are, we can expect the number of souls in Hell to increase exponentially.

Now, we look at the rate of change of the volume in Hell because Boyle's Law states that in order for the temperature and pressure in Hell to stay the same, the volume of Hell has to expand as souls are added. This gives two possibilities:

1. If Hell is expanding at a slower rate than the rate at which souls enter Hell, then the temperature and pressure in Hell will increase until all Hell breaks loose.

2. Of course, if Hell is expanding at a rate faster than the increase of souls in Hell, then the temperature and pressure will drop until Hell freezes over.

So which is it?

If we accept the postulate given to me by Teresa Banyan during my Freshman year, "...that it will be a cold day in Hell before I sleep with you.", and take into account the fact that I still have not succeeded in having sexual relations with her, then, ..2 cannot be true, and thus I am sure that Hell is exothermic and will not freeze."

This student received the only A.
 
See? Engineers CAN be funny!!! Although I do admit the majority are not very funny, but at least the ones with ties to this board are!
 
jdarg said:
See? Engineers CAN be funny!!! Although I do admit the majority are not very funny, but at least the ones with ties to this board are!

Our two husbands, of course. ;-) :clap_1:
 
Mermaid said:
Our two husbands, of course. ;-) :clap_1:


Of course! Does Merman like really bad puns, and does he inflict them on others? Bdarg does this.... :roll:
 
jdarg said:
Of course! Does Merman like really bad puns, and does he inflict them on others? Bdarg does this.... :roll:

I have a brother-in-law with a PhD in Chemistry and he is the "punniest" guy I know! Maybe he was supposed to be an engineer?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top