• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Mistral

New posts

gardening1970

Beach Fanatic
My family stayed at Mistral Condominiums in Seacrest for Spring Break 2004. We loved it - older building but clean and very quiet beach area. We want to come back to the Seacrest/Seagrove area this April. I read somewhere that a new project is planned for construction next door to the Mistral. Can any of you locals advise of anything I should know before booking a reservation at Mistral? I would be dissappointed if I arrived to discover the quiet uncrowded beach is now overun with construction equipment.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
 
gardening1970 said:
My family stayed at Mistral Condominiums in Seacrest for Spring Break 2004. We loved it - older building but clean and very quiet beach area. We want to come back to the Seacrest/Seagrove area this April. I read somewhere that a new project is planned for construction next door to the Mistral. Can any of you locals advise of anything I should know before booking a reservation at Mistral? I would be dissappointed if I arrived to discover the quiet uncrowded beach is now overun with construction equipment.

Thanks in advance for your guidance!
For some reason, I'm thinking Mistral was on the part of the beach where there was heavy damage. But I could be confusing this complex; hoping Mermaid will respond, I think she'll know.
 
peapod1980 said:
For some reason, I'm thinking Mistral was on the part of the beach where there was heavy damage. But I could be confusing this complex; hoping Mermaid will respond, I think she'll know.

No, it's Leeward and Eastern Shores you're thinking of--they're of similar age to Mistral, but not at the same end of the beach. Mistral is closer to Seacrest, in the Camp Creek area. We rode our bicycles past Mistral last week and there is construction for a new condo or cottage in that area, but I forget how close it was to the condo. Maybe someone will chime in?
 
I believe they're building some townhomes next door to Mistral. It don't remember it beeing a very large project so I'm not sure how much it would interfere with you're stay at Mistral. If I remember correctly, it's on the east side of the building - so you may want to try and get one of the more western units.

The beaches in that area have been doing a good job of replenishing themselves too. I stay in the Camp Creek neighborhood when down and the last time I was there, I thought they looked beautiful.
 
The new condo project is called Andante and, although it is not a large development, the type of construction they are doing is heavy duty commercial. It is not directly next door to Mistral, but several lots to the east. Right now they are in the process of putting in pilings and underground parking. There is no way to tell at what point of construction they will be when you come down. It is safe to say, however, that there will be significant construction noise.

On the up side, the beaches in Seacrest/Camp Creek look great.
 
You guys are the best! Thanks for all the input. There was once a lot of useful info on 30A development on the JOE stock message board at Yahoo Finance. Lots of locals (also stockholders) would chime in on the status of 30A beaches and business. Unfortunately no longer the case as the board has been sullied by shorts. I'm glad to have found this site.

Thanks again for your reports from the field.
 
gardening1970 said:
You guys are the best! Thanks for all the input. There was once a lot of useful info on 30A development on the JOE stock message board at Yahoo Finance. Lots of locals (also stockholders) would chime in on the status of 30A beaches and business. Unfortunately no longer the case as the board has been sullied by shorts. I'm glad to have found this site.

Thanks again for your reports from the field.

Welcome and congrats on finding the REAL SOWAL!!!
 
I was wrong when I said that the new condo project, Andante, was not right next door to Mistral. It IS right next door to the east. Sorry about that. For some reason I thought there were a couple of houses between the two.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top