• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
This is so sad to me. :cry:

OM, how sad!!:cry:

It is sad.

From now on, I'm taking binoculars with me to the beach, so I can pretend to be bird watching but be able to check crap like this out from afar.:D I'm not the "in your face" type, especially with little ducklings behind me. I'm very wary & protective regarding my own actions because I don't want a possible backlash to affect them.

seacrestkristi

Beach Fanatic
Nov 27, 2005
Maybe it's there now. Go see with someone ;-) :DWatch out for the holes though gull. That should be outlawed on the beach~private property signs all over. It's way too pretty for that.

organicmama

Beach Fanatic
Jul 31, 2006
WNC
wncfarmtotable.org
Maybe it's there now. Go see with someone ;-) :DWatch out for the holes though gull. That should be outlawed on the beach~private property signs all over. It's way too pretty for that.

Can't leave 3 kids at home asleep by themselves.... I'd be arrested!:blink:

NOLA TRANSPLANT

Beach Lover
Jul 24, 2007
O.K. So I wasn't raised near the beach, NOWHERE near the beach and as a matter of fact am still adjusting to beach life so could someone clear this up for me??

I have been told so many different things but the most commonly one I hear is the beach is public and no one can be bared from any stretch of beach unless it's been closed by the officials due to something like sea turtles or rebuilding the dunes or something along the lines of these things, not because someone owns a stretch of beach in front to there home.
Please in as few words as possible can someone explain this to me??
Thanks Ya"ll

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
O.K. So I wasn't raised near the beach, NOWHERE near the beach and as a matter of fact am still adjusting to beach life so could someone clear this up for me??

I have been told so many different things but the most commonly one I hear is the beach is public and no one can be bared from any stretch of beach unless it's been closed by the officials due to something like sea turtles or rebuilding the dunes or something along the lines of these things, not because someone owns a stretch of beach in front to there home.
Please in as few words as possible can someone explain this to me??
Thanks Ya"ll

It can not be done in a few words. I thought the TDC was working on a map last year to show where the deeds were to the high water mark and where they were to the water so this would not be such a problem this year.

rapunzel

Beach Fanatic
Nov 30, 2005
Point Washington
What I find most sad is that this person didn't appreciate that OM and her three children playing made the beach a more beautiful place. Those three children are three of the most beautiful children I've ever seen. IMHO, scenes like that only enhance the beauty of the beach.

I totally get why people would tire of crowds of Spring Breakers dropping drink box straw wrappers everywhere, but I think we as a community should be able to find a better option for keeping the beaches visited, but not overwhelmed.

Again, I think the TDC has a role....their emphasis on growth is short sighted. A 26% increase in bed tax may be great for the TDC board members, but a pace like that is not sustainable if we hope to have pleasant beaches and reasonable quality of life.

Sustainable growth, beach access to minimize density, preserve the natural beauty of the area -- these should be goals we all agree on.

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Nov 18, 2004
"The beaches of Florida are of such a character...as to require separate consideration from other lands with respect to the elements and consequences of title." -- FL Supreme Court