• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Need your opinion; input

New posts

Biff

Beach Fanatic
Okay, some of my friends; newlyweds (they have never been down to Sowal b4, first timers) need a nice place; cozy affordable; ...... you know the story....

I want to reccomend -

?Mermaid Cove? 126 Hidden Beach Villas
Seagrove Beach, Florida


:idontno:

OR

Bennett Carriage House, 29 Abaco Lane, Rosemary Beach, Florida



I need your opinion and input please.

This is a very short 5-7 day vacation. Very informal; just the two of them mid 30's.....

thanks!!!!
 
Biff the condo at Hidden Villas is our very own Mermaid's. It's very nice and the walk over to the beach is directly across 30A from it
 
Biff said:
Okay, some of my friends; newlyweds (they have never been down to Sowal b4, first timers) need a nice place; cozy affordable; ...... you know the story....

I want to reccomend -

?Mermaid Cove? 126 Hidden Beach Villas
Seagrove Beach, Florida


:idontno:

OR

Bennett Carriage House, 29 Abaco Lane, Rosemary Beach, Florida



I need your opinion and input please.

This is a very short 5-7 day vacation. Very informal; just the two of them mid 30's.....

thanks!!!!


I've seen Mermaids Cove! It would be perfect for newlyweds. Not only has it been renovated, it's also convenient to shops and resturants. Some are walking distance and others just a short drive away. It's a lot of vacation for a great price! ;-)
 
Thanks for the rec's, ladies! Well, I have to tell you, Biff, I might be inclined to give you a biased answer here because Mermaid Cove is indeed mine. Although I'd be torn about choosing between the two because I love Rosemary Beach, too. So I'll put it before you in a logical manner. Pros and cons and similarities of each.

Similar in terms of quality of furnishings on the inside, though I think ours has a little more personality and zing to it. Not as tastefully and forgetably generic as the Bennett Carriage house.

Pros (of Mermaid Cove) are its lesser price, which gives more discretionary money for wining, dining, and entertaining. Location is excellent in terms of being able to walk to Seaside, WaterColor and Grayton Beach (though the last is only if you have sturdy legs on you). Nearby walking distance to shops and restaurants as well; bicycling distance to Publix for groceries. I honestly don't think the location can be improved upon.

Cons are the vintage exterior of the condo. It can't match Rosemary Beach's elegance, not by a longshot. Sometimes I even wish I could sneak out at night with a paint brush and jazz up that bland color scheme! But on the other hand, we have friends who think it's charming because it reminds them of how Seagrove used to look when they were kids. So there you go. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

If you friends have any questions, you can tell them they can always PM me. I know if you recommend them, we'd love to have them as our guests. :razz:
 
I vote for Mermaid's Cove. I have seen it- it is wonderful, just like the owners. :clap_1: And the location can't be beat- you would hardly need to get in the car. Perfect for newlyweds, "nearlyweds", and the rest of us too!!:floor: :wub:
 
Mermaid's Cove is a much better venue, I believe. It is much more centrally located to all the special spots in SoWal. Rosemary Beach is lovely, but remote and lacks the funkier qualities that we all love about Seagrove, Grayton, etc. When the price is right, as it is with Mermaid's Cove, there is a lot more $$ for enjoying the charms of SoWal restaurants, shops, and galleries, too. :wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top