• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

New Lenox wedding china?????

New posts
Chickpea. I think the story you told about the Nigerian is a classic scheme in which you lose the $500. The money order was possibly fake or had some kind of problem. So, everyone, beware of those kinds of requests!

I have the Jefferson china pattern which is quite similar to your pattern and we love it. It is very durable (we use it often and put it in the dishwasher and it does fine). We have a LOT of it because we tend to entertain a lot (well, we used to). So, I'd vouch for the beauty and practical use of the china even though it is quite elegant.
 
Paula said:
Chickpea. I think the story you told about the Nigerian is a classic scheme in which you lose the $500. The money order was possibly fake or had some kind of problem. So, everyone, beware of those kinds of requests!

I have the Jefferson china pattern which is quite similar to your pattern and we love it. It is very durable (we use it often and put it in the dishwasher and it does fine). We have a LOT of it because we tend to entertain a lot (well, we used to). So, I'd vouch for the beauty and practical use of the china even though it is quite elegant.
No, the scam is that you lose $3200 plus your fine China and penalties for checks bouncing. Total cost probably around $6000.
 
There's also a place where you can sell it and they'll sell it to people piece by piece. We've bought china to match an old pattern of my parents' there. They may give you $500 for it. Look on the internet (carefully) for places that buy and sell china. I can't rmeember where we bought our's from. Watch out for scams!
 
Paula said:
There's also a place where you can sell it and they'll sell it to people piece by piece. We've bought china to match an old pattern of my parents' there. They may give you $500 for it. Look on the internet (carefully) for places that buy and sell china. I can't rmeember where we bought our's from. Watch out for scams!

I wonder if it was Replacements, Ltd. CLICK HERE
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top