• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

new members

New posts
Yes, obviously, because that is where the mountains are :roll: Can you tell me specifically where in Western NC you are buying? If it is a secret, you don't have to name the town--maybe just the county? I'm from out West and just spent 3 weeks in the Rockies, and would very much like some mountain property. However, NC is a lot closer to SoWal than Park City or Jackson, therefore we'd get there more often. My husband's family is in Chattanooga.

Just curious. We haven't been looking seriously, but I am wondering what you found and where. Western NC is a big place :lol: .

Thanks.
 
My son goes to camp every summer in western NC- there is no place like it! And so many areas to choose from that have nice little differences in style, landscape, people, etc. My husband and I keep threatening to move there!
 
Smiling JOe said:
"She's a real bute, Clark."
I will post a photo of my hopefully-soon-to-be-views in the next day or two. Anyone want to buy one of my lots in Walton Co for a fair price?

After eating at 3-thirty-1 last night, I'll take a bay front lot :cool:
 
GraytonBound said:
After eating at 3-thirty-1 last night, I'll take a bay front lot :cool:
I have the house for you. I will get you the info later in the week.

CCK - I am in the process of buying acerage in the city of Asheville. As someone else mentioned, there are beautiful little towns all around Western NC which would make great choices.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I have the house for you. I will get you the info later in the week.

CCK - I am in the process of buying acerage in the city of Asheville. As someone else mentioned, there are beautiful little towns all around Western NC which would make great choices.

Look up Daniel Nevins (Dano) local artist there, and tell him kurt from Gainesville says egg salad.
 
Smiling JOe said:
CCK - I am in the process of buying acerage in the city of Asheville. As someone else mentioned, there are beautiful little towns all around Western NC which would make great choices.

Good luck on your purchase!
 
Hey SJ- maybe you can buy the Biltmore? It looks OK, especially if you like to cut grass. My family would gladly be the caretakers! :biggrin:
 
jdarg said:
Hey SJ- maybe you can buy the Biltmore? It looks OK, especially if you like to cut grass. My family would gladly be the caretakers! :biggrin:
I have spent enough time at Biltmore Estate to know that I would be unhappy owning such a large place with so much responsibility, and I would have to plant pine straw because I don't mow grass. Just give me an acre by the pond, overlooking one of the vineyards. Also, I don't think that Mr. Cecil, George Vanderbilt's grandson and current President/Owner of Biltmore Estate, would accept any offer which I could afford to make. He was born in the big house, and would find it difficult to part with. I think Biltmore Estate is in fine hands right now, and I will be fine with my little place on the hill. I was going to take some photos of the views today, but the sky is overcast.
 
ah, asheville and south walton...from where the quartz flows to where the quartz goes! i love them both so much that i have to live halfway between them so i'm never too far from either. good luck. i have a big blow up of Beaver Lake on my wall right beside me... :wub:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top