• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

New Taco Joint

New posts
I have been sampling Abe Drinkin's fish and shrimp tacos for the last three days. They are the first I have eaten and I cannot stop. :wub: Delicious! They are not what you think of as traditional tacos replacing the meat with fish. They are quite unique and awesome.
 
I think I will pass! What all do they put on them by the way? Normal tacos have shredded lettuce and cheese and diced tomatoes.
 
ladydebubba60 said:
I think I will pass! What all do they put on them by the way? Normal tacos have shredded lettuce and cheese and diced tomatoes.
The fish was grilled and the shrimp were boiled, but sushi also would be delicious in these tacos.
 
My favorites are from Sundown Cafe in Atlanta....now Sundown Tacqueria. I first had them at Sundown about 10 years ago. They were fried strips of tilapia with a special jalapeno (mild) sauce in a soft flour tortilla. I've also had them in other places with grilled tilapia, lettuce, tomatoes and the works. Both very good. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

We need a place down there with fish tacos. :clap_1:
 
30A Skunkape said:
Howabout ceviche' in a soft flour tortilla? Lime, a scattering of habernero-YUMMO! :clap_1:

That does sound YUMMO!
 
Smiling JOe said:
The fish was grilled and the shrimp were boiled, but sushi also would be delicious in these tacos.
and why the He!! was I not invited????????:biggrin: I was a dud at crab fest?:roll:
 
pgurney said:
My favorites are from Sundown Cafe in Atlanta....now Sundown Tacqueria. I first had them at Sundown about 10 years ago. They were fried strips of tilapia with a special jalapeno (mild) sauce in a soft flour tortilla. I've also had them in other places with grilled tilapia, lettuce, tomatoes and the works. Both very good. I think you might be pleasantly surprised.

We need a place down there with fish tacos. :clap_1:

That is similar to Cowgirl Kitchen's type. I have had them and they were yummy. They are only offered now and then as a special as far as I know.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top