• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Obama brings home the bacon, change you can really believe in.

New posts

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
I read that Illinois is number one in stimulus dollars brought home, and Florida is number 51. So much for Crist helping Obama get the bill passed.
 
I read that Illinois is number one in stimulus dollars brought home, and Florida is number 51. So much for Crist helping Obama get the bill passed.


Change based on fairness? #51 for the 4th largest state? Boy I can believe in that for sure.:rofl:
 
As Gomer Pyle used to say...SURPRISE SURPRISE!!

I read that Illinois is number one in stimulus dollars brought home, and Florida is number 51. So much for Crist helping Obama get the bill passed.
 
51 states?

Perhaps they counted Illinois, twice. :biggrin:

Where did Texas land on the list? Is there some kind of trend?
 
I read that Illinois is number one in stimulus dollars brought home, and Florida is number 51. So much for Crist helping Obama get the bill passed.

Where did you find this? I've been trying to look it up, and I can't find anything about actual dollars spent, only a breakdown (per capita) of the proposed spending from a bill being voted on in the House on about 1/27/2009; it did show Florida last in per-capita spending, but not overall dollars. They were based on estimates from various federal agencies.

Was that the final bill? What has actually been spent?

There's a difference, also, between dollars spent in the state by the federal government and dollars that end up in the state treasury, to be spent by state agencies. I'm trying to figure out both, but.....not simple. There's also dollars pledged vs dollars spent.
 
Finally found a breakdown by state:

Investments by State | Recovery.gov

As of this week, Florida is actually ahead of Illinois in direct funding, but, again, that doesn't include federal agencies who have projects which would result in spending in the state.

I can't yet find a breakdown of that number on an overall basis.
 
Probably Puerto Rico, Our largest welfare State something like 50 percent on welfare, tons of babies out of wedlock, murder rate higher than NOLA or Detroit, Filthy beyond belief. I believe they need their Indepence.And I ain't going back!
As to Stimulus, They might have well put Bernie Madoff in charge of it. No oversite. Billions disappearing and thousands losing their jobs. Expanding Gov't only means more Tax revenue needed to pay for that bigger Gov't. Did any of these Ivy League Frat Packs take any economic classes? ObamaTeam econmic forecasts wil only get worse as more get unemployed, Tax revenues will go down. So how to fund a new Trillion dollar health care giveaway? Tax the crap out of all our crap. Genius Work From the frat house of " Iva Stola Trilla" except the Dousebags in DC will be the only one with a Job!
If you give it away, they will take it and they have
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top