• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
With all due respect, what a stupid, stupid way to determine your vote for a local race, sheriff or otherwise.

It is a shame some people think that way. Unfortunately some people will vote that way for the President.

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
Really people, do thorough research on ALL of the candidates and vote your conscience. If DW is your guy, vote for him. If someone else appeals to you, look into what they have done, not what someone else says about them. Everyone looks at things from different points of view. Look at things from your own view and vote for whom you think serves you best. The key word being think...for yourself!

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
I thought Mr Wise a good candidate , until I saw a picture of him with the ultimate blowhard on hate radio and tv, bill o' ! I'll vote for one of the others!
ditto.:wave:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Look at things from your own view and vote for whom you think serves you best. The key word being think...for yourself!
That is the problem with so many elections. People go by what they hear from others or see on the television. Just b/c DW was in a photo with O'Riley who cares. The people who do not vote for him just because of that reason alone are idiots. Plain and simple.

Jdarg

SoWal Expert
Feb 15, 2005
For the longest time, I thought he WAS the Walton County sheriff, because there was a picture of him in the Walton Sun every week- he was wearing a sheriff- like uniform, and the text was some sort of public service announcement.

Turns out, it was an ad (OK- PSA) for the law enforcement organization that he heads up (name escapes me) - but it truly did make him look like an acting sheriff. When he WAS NOT. Very creepy when I figured it all out, not to mention sneaky. I imagine there are others out there that assume he held some sort of big position because he was wearing a uniform in a picture that was in the paper every week.

It all appeared very deceitful to me, coupled with a campaign to sell a book. His pic with Bill O'Reilly made me snicker (how could it not), but it's not the only reason I am not supporting him.

Last edited:

Romeosmydog

Beach Fanatic
Nov 6, 2007
here
The photo isn't the ONLY reason I wont vote for him, but it sure helped. I agree with everyone else when they say the creepy pictures in the Walton Sun just makes him look like a blowhard.

Miss Kitty

Meow
Jun 10, 2005
The photo isn't the ONLY reason I wont vote for him, but it sure helped. I agree with everyone else when they say the creepy pictures in the Walton Sun just makes him look like a blowhard.

Thanks for the clarification...I was going to ask for someone to explain this phenomenon. :wave:

InletBchDweller

SoWal Insider
Feb 14, 2006
Prairieville, La
Yes, I wanted to clarify since it appears we were called idiots...:roll:
I did not call YOU an idiot. :roll:I was referring to Beemns quote in an above post.....
"I thought Mr Wise a good candidate , until I saw a picture of him with the ultimate blowhard on hate radio and tv, bill o' ! I'll vote for one of the others!"

This, to me, insinuates that Beemns was considering voting for him but b/c he had his picture with Bill O'Riley that sent him over the edge. I would hope that a picture or something like that would stop someone from voting for a candidate.

This reminds me of the Obama/Wright debacle. Supporters of Obama did not want the public not to vote for him b/c of his association with the Rev. Wright. And that is what I was saying b/c of the O'Riley photo. :wave:

Danny Burns

Beach Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
Inlet Beach
www.myspace.com
Do we really need to call ANYONE idiots for any reason?...even if they are, which I don't think many people on SoWal are. Ignorance is not stupidity, either. I don't understand the purpose of denigrating others, anyway. Will humans ever rise above the need to feel superior by insulting others with whom they do not agree? Do you really feel good about yourselves when you do that? Taking the "high road" always works better for me. It feels pretty good, too. Try it some time, it might work for you, as well.

Last edited: