• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

One Term Wonders

New posts
I don't do "clubs", nor am I anybody's groupie. I enjoy no pension, nor benefits, and I'm a hard-working blue-collar long-time local. The insight I gained into what we under-informed (and yes, some weak-minded) "outsiders" know, versus what the "big heads" know......and when.....is simply due to my being the one selected many years ago to flip slides in many a Top Secret briefing. I had no position of authority....just one of "innocent by-stander"......though I was in a place to garner knowledge of the expanse between that which is known, and that which isn't. And such was my point: that many opine on what they don't know as if they do, though they'd be embarrassed/shocked to know how little they truly do know. Like aleonard responded to me...."you can't handle the truth" and "we probably couldn't". Never a truer thing was said.


I didn't quite know what to make of your first response. Thanks for clearing it up.:wave:
I honestly feel that way. I believe if the general public had any ideal of what has and continues to happen behind closed doors, we would all freak out. I believe a small percentage of independent thinkers would be able to asses the information and absorb it in a healthy and reasoned way, but overall, most would just freak the hail out.:shock:
 
Last edited:
iraq in a few weeks time could be a shia islamic state dominated by iran unless we're willing to stay forever paying for gw's stupidity. iraq is one of the costliest blunders in the past 50 years.

what? wait, um, did Kerry win and I've been asleep for four years?? :lol:

I know you're frustrated bob, you wanted the U.S. to fail in Iraq. whatever you need to believe to sleep at night I guess. :roll:
 
I didn't quite know what to make of your first response. Thanks for clearing it up.:wave:
I honestly feel that way. I believe if the general public had any ideal of what has and continues to happen behind closed doors, we would all freak out. I believe a small percentage of independent thinkers would be able to asses the information and absorb it in a healthy and reasoned way, but overall, most would just freak the hail out.:shock:

That's why there are the Men in Black. :D

Thanks for the explanation, Happytobeme. What initially smacked of arrogance to me now sounds more reasonable.

I agree that there are certain issues that the people will never and shouldn't have full transparency for on the rationality of decisions made by the big heads. However, if actions are partaken outside the scope of domestic and international law and no one is made privy to them, with the exception of a select few, for reasons noted above, then where is the line drawn when those making the decisions feel they are acting in the best interest of the Country?
ie; torture

I think many people feel that the line was crossed many times with the past administration. At this point, whatever happens happens, but I will just be hoping that we made the right decision and that those lines crossed will be kept to a minimum, especially as it pertains to war.
 
Not sure if anyone has seen or read this, but here is a final report from the The Senate Intelligence Committee whether public statements regarding Iraq by U.S. Government Officials were substantiated by Intelligence Information. It's 172 pages, but an interesting read.

To sum it up, it found that faulty intelligence was to given to Officials regarding WMD and biological weapons. Then the Committee members all wrote summaries. I find it difficult to believe, given the amount of information contained in this report, that contradictory evidence was never presented to Congress or anyone else. So when you look at the Summaries, particularly Saxby Chambliss from Georgia, you find partisan bickering about the scope of the report. :roll:

They agreed upon this investigation February 12, 2004 and presented in June 2008.
Not sure where this will go, but no doubt someone will take it and run with it as well as additional information most likely coming forth after Bush leaves office.
http://intelligence.senate.gov/080605/phase2a.pdf

Mangy, honey, I worry about you sometimes. :biggrin::wub:
 
:floor:...DD, please go read it and give me the Cliff's Notes.

No way! But, I feel better knowing Mangy's out there reading all this stuff and will alert us of all the really important stuff. She can do the stuff, I'll do the fluff. :wave:
 
:funn:MAngo logged on the computer this morning at 5 am and saw the browser still open on that one. :floor:

:floor:I bet that woke him up...............................................................not. :floor:
 
:floor:I bet that woke him up...............................................................not. :floor:

He was happy there was nothing burning other than brain cells. :rolling:
 
what? wait, um, did Kerry win and I've been asleep for four years?? :lol:

I know you're frustrated bob, you wanted the U.S. to fail in Iraq. whatever you need to believe to sleep at night I guess. :roll:

I will let Bob answer this but surely you cannot be this cynical and you made this last statement in jest.....

I think it is safe to say that none of us want the US to fail even if we vehemently disagreed with this premptive war in the first place.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top