• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
. I am thankful for this PAC combating this local dirty money.

I don't appreciate the PAC at all! If they were doing this openly and honestly instead of hiding like cowards behind some group out of Washington they would have had me at HELLO! :)

The fact is though, there is truth in what they are saying! Sadly, many of us have screamed about this bullshit for years and it got us no where except laughed at and ridiculed....mostly because that's what politicians do to discredit the naysayers.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
The thing that ruined the Bills ad for me was the accusation about Chapman's net worth, as if getting elected to the BCC had something to do with it.
BCC salary, yes. He also received Federal retirement and apparently took his FRS payout in a lump sum. All perfectly legal and proper, and on his financial statement for all to see. But the fact that this organization threw a financial insinuation that is way off base pretty much ruined anything this group puts out, at least to me.

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I understand yesterday Bill Imfeld told Bob Hudson before the budget meeting that he thought Don Riley or myself were involved. I have NEVER been one to hide, I say exactly what I think. When Don Riley did not like the way Bill treated citizens when he was the chairman, banging his gavel at everyone he took out a half page add saying Imfeld has to go. He did not hide behind any fake name or group. To insult the Goveronr by suggesting it is him is beyond belief. Are the ads bad, well if the truth hurts then I guess they are bad but why should the people not know what the candidates have done if these facts are true. Could be the group that has been trying to control the county for years is doing this to make people mad so they will not vote for 2 good people who have nothing to do with this.

If none of these facts were true you would not get mad you would just counter with the facts that show people they are not true. Last I remember money is missing, Chapman did get his son off and what I heard was he called a judge late one night to come so his son did not have to spend a night in jail. If none of this is true it simple just tell everyone what really did happen.

I just heard Scott Brannon is paying to have a poll run so may be he will post his results soon.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I don't think either Bill would object to the whole truth being told. But innuendo and half truths are not fair. The statements about Imfeld were particularly onerous. Imfeld might be many things but tax and spend liberal isn't one of them. I have endorsed no one and have not ruled out any candidate in these races. But I do want a fair playing field and I want to hear what the candidates believe about the issues instead of fighting off half-truths and outright untruths.

Danny Glidewell

Beach Fanatic
Mar 26, 2008
Glendale
I also think whoever is behind this has all of us chasing our tails and blaming one another for being responsible for this stuff and are keeping us from having meaningful discussions about the real issues. I want to know who it is and what they are up to, but I will not drive myself crazy about it.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
The thing that ruined the Bills ad for me was the accusation about Chapman's net worth, as if getting elected to the BCC had something to do with it.
BCC salary, yes. He also received Federal retirement and apparently took his FRS payout in a lump sum. All perfectly legal and proper, and on his financial statement for all to see. But the fact that this organization threw a financial insinuation that is way off base pretty much ruined anything this group puts out, at least to me.

I did not and do not know anything about his net worth. I have issues with the fact the ads are not entirely accurate but there is some truth to them! There are more accusations flying too about Imfield. WZEP is running some really acidic commentary on their station. AGAIN, some of them true some of them very misleading! I don't have issues with the truth about Imfield but I have ALLOT of issues with the folks doing this hiding in the shadows.

Last edited:

Patriot Games

Beach Lover
Aug 28, 2014
I discussed the real issues Danny with their (THE Bill's) leadership. You are avoiding them (the issues) and if you think Chapman or Imfeld will openly discuss anything about what they have done, then you are fooling yourself. Again whoever it is, I'm glad somebody's funding the other opinion. I only agree with shallow Knowles comment on Chapmans net worth, if he cashed in retirement it was earned fair and square. Let's stick to the facts and not get lost on who's funding them. If crooked funding is the issue, then Mr. Tony Anderson is at the top of the list. I agree with the poster who called him "PHONY ANDERSON". I hope they come after him next, but I'd say it's unlikely given that commissioner Meadows supports customary beach use and I believe that is the issue behind this campaign.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I understand yesterday Bill Imfeld told Bob Hudson before the budget meeting that he thought Don Riley or myself were involved. I have NEVER been one to hide, I say exactly what I think. When Don Riley did not like the way Bill treated citizens when he was the chairman, banging his gavel at everyone he took out a half page add saying Imfeld has to go. He did not hide behind any fake name or group. To insult the Goveronr by suggesting it is him is beyond belief. Are the ads bad, well if the truth hurts then I guess they are bad but why should the people not know what the candidates have done if these facts are true. Could be the group that has been trying to control the county for years is doing this to make people mad so they will not vote for 2 good people who have nothing to do with this.

Suzanne, I am the one who suggested I thought Huckabee was involved because he has been linked to that OurGeneration.org website...not the same one here locally but definitely a connection. If I'm wrong about that, I am willing to admit it. I STRONGLY believe that the ads are HALF TRUTHS.

If none of these facts were true you would not get mad you would just counter with the facts that show people they are not true. Last I remember money is missing, Chapman did get his son off and what I heard was he called a judge late one night to come so his son did not have to spend a night in jail. If none of this is true it simple just tell everyone what really did happen.

That part of the ad is factual as are the certification requirements. Again, he was not the only Cop (in Walton County) back in the day to have done that and Quinn McMillan was as dirty as the day is long...building churches from the ground up, leading prayer over the public address system at school functions, violations of inmates civil rights,,,and there were a whole lot of people on his payroll at that time who turned the other cheek to draw a pay check! Chapman was not the exception he was the norm!

I just heard Scott Brannon is paying to have a poll run so may be he will post his results soon.

PFFFFFT On Brannon!! He lost any credibility he ever had long ago!!

Last edited:

Suzanne Harris

Beach Fanatic
Aug 19, 2008
I also think whoever is behind this has all of us chasing our tails and blaming one another for being responsible for this stuff and are keeping us from having meaningful discussions about the real issues. I want to know who it is and what they are up to, but I will not drive myself crazy about it.
I would let Robert Nelson and Lloyd do that. Do not wast your time, just start working toward the next election. From what I hear this groups goal is to take out Cecilia and Sarah next.

Misty

Banned
Dec 15, 2011
I would let Robert Nelson and Lloyd do that. Do not wast your time, just start working toward the next election. From what I hear this groups goal is to take out Cecilia and Sarah next.

Robert Nelson has as much credibility in my opinion as Brannon! Slim to none! I agree Cecilia Jones needs to go but I'm not quite sure I am willing to throw in the towel on Sara. Yes, there are issues there and if what I'm hearing turns out to be true then I would agree.