• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007
To all concern citizens of Walton Conuty.
Just to let you know that I am not and never will be part of an conspiracy to help any candiddate get re-elected or elected. I am in this race for the people and will be a community Sheriff who cares for the citizens safety,respect and concerns. Yes I did work under Sheriff Johnson for five years before leaving in May 2005 to persue my dreams of becoming a Sheriff who will enforce the laws fairly, but at the same work with the citizens to make our county a safer place to live, work and play.
Thanks J. Macon

Jimmy, I know you are not part of any conspiracy, your moral back ground is too strong. I do question why Ralph has let both you and Rick Brown go out on your own basically untouched. Perhaps he realizes that you and others are only helping to get him re-elected.:dunno:

Jimmy, I know you are not part of any conspiracy, your moral back ground is too strong. I do question why Ralph has let both you and Rick Brown go out on your own basically untouched. Perhaps he realizes that you and others are only helping to get him re-elected.:dunno:

This constant harping on the number of candidates is getting sort of stale. Last time I checked this was a free country with free elections and anyone can run who wants to. Would any of us really want a candidate who did not think they were best for the job and willing to work hard to get elected? Of course any of the candidates (and their supporters) would like to get ole ralphie in a race by themselves, but that is not going to happen, so let um all work hard for our vote and may the best one win. I am positive of one thing, that excludes ralphie.:clap:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
Two more bit dogs hollering!

Do all these candidates want Ralph out or do they just want to sit in Ralphie's chair or some Captains chair in Ralphie's next administration.

You ever worked for Ralphie - you are not my candidate! I know the real reason you are running.

This is an exact repeat of Ralphie's strategy for victory 4 years ago - it worked then and it's going to work again unless people wake up.

The Watcher

Beach Fanatic
Jul 5, 2007

Do all these candidates want Ralph out or do they just want to sit in Ralphie's chair or some Captains chair in Ralphie's next administration.

You ever worked for Ralphie - you are not my candidate! I know the real reason you are running.

This is an exact repeat of Ralphie's strategy for victory 4 years ago - it worked then and it's going to work again unless people wake up.

I agree 50% with what you are saying. The splitting of the vote is a very real posibility and it could get the incumbant re-elected, that much is true. Now as to certain individuals running to effectively support the incumbant, with promises of leadership positions in wait, I do not think several of the candidates would even consider accepting a position under Ralph. However, you do bring up a good point... As for the people who feel that harping on the split vote issue is a moot point, think again. This is a very real concern and the more the % split, the better chance an incumbant has to get re-elected on the basis of ignorance. An uneducated, uninformed voter will be more likely to vote for an incumbant than a new candidate.

This is why I had posted numerous entries months ago about educating the voter. Spread the word, if you (as I am) are disgusted with the current administration and all of their mis-steps be it financial, ethical or otherwise. The focus of this 2008 Sheriff's Election should be moving Walton County forward, not backward.

As I understand it, there is more on the horizon when it comes to additional "mis-steps".

Hey, I agree with the premise, more candidates equal better chance for an incumbent. I also think that any of these guys can beat ralphie one on one. Therein lies the problem. They all want to be sheriff and understand this is their chance of a lifetime. This is also an unusual election because you have an incumbent who is unusually weak. It would probably take around 10 candidates in the race for ralphie to have a chance because he cannot get over 10% of the vote. There are simply not enough ignorant people out there for him to get more.

So you want a three man race with adkinson, cornman and ralphie huh? Are you also saying that people like Quinn, chapman, and baker ran last time because they wanted to HELP ralphie? If you think that I have some property to sell you at a reasonable price.:rofl::rotfl:I think sconiers and wise can be important factors in this race, they were at one time part of ralphies inner circle and can tell us even more about what really goes on. Only thing better would be if we can get farris in as well, he knows plenty I bet.:clap:

WileCoyote

Beach Lover
Dec 5, 2007
Walton County
I want someone for Sheriff that can efficently run this department - not someone that can tell me where all of Ralph's skeleton are. I am sure they will eventually come to light.

Wise is another of Ralph's trained men (the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) and Cornman has spent twenty years counting tax stamps on cigarettes and liquor bottles and lives in another county. Oh yeah - he has also spent twenty years preparing himself wanting to move back to Walton County. Give me a break.

I am sure they are both fine men - simply not qualified for the job.

We need an electible candidate and the unqualified no matter how nice need to get out of the way. The objective is simple - get Ralph Johnson out of office and replace him with someone that can and will manage the operations in a cost effective manner that remains approachable and accountable to the citizens of Walton County.

Last edited:

RebelRider

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2008
Wile:

Could you please tell me which of these pre-filed candidates are in your opinion electible and qualified:

Michael A. Adkinson, Jr.
Richard S. Brown
Tony Cornman
Bill Imfeld ( Inactive)
Ralph L. Johnson
Jimmy L. Macon
Joshua M. Sconiers
Dennis Wise

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington

How many of these candidates do you know personally? None, evidently. :nono1:

The only reason RJ won in 2004 (besides Miramar Beach and absentees) is that the former incumbant joined the race - and you CAN'T tell me QMc is a Johnson supporter.