• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
How many of these candidates do you know personally? None, evidently. :nono1:

The only reason RJ won in 2004 (besides Miramar Beach and absentees) is that the former incumbant joined the race - and you CAN'T tell me QMc is a Johnson supporter.

You are trying to hang the win on one person. I think Coyote is trying to point out the overall effect. This is a problem without a run-off primary, but I do not see those coming back until the budget woes get straight in Taxahassee.

RebelRider

Beach Lover
Mar 7, 2008
I know and have talked with 6 of the 8.

Haven't traveled to Bay county - why should I ?

Haven't ever talked to Brown either. But I have talked to his boss many times.

Ralph will get 15-20% of the vote from people that vote for incumbents.

Take the other 80-85% divided them amoung 7 announced candidate and surprise "He's Back". None of them will get 20% +1 individually.

wrobert

Beach Fanatic
Nov 21, 2007
DeFuniak Springs
www.defuniaksprings.com
I know and have talked with 6 of the 8.

Haven't traveled to Bay county - why should I ?

Haven't ever talked to Brown either. But I have talked to his boss many times.

Ralph will get 15-20% of the vote from people that vote for incumbents.

Take the other 80-85% divided them amoung 7 announced candidate and surprise "He's Back". None of them will get 20% +1 individually.

That poll that was ran on waltonsun.com for the last couple of weeks put Adkinson at 60%. I here he has already raised over $15K. Of course no way of knowing until the reports in April, but if that is the case..........

Personally, I wish them all luck. I am really interested in seeing how someone runs a race with that many candidates and is able to define themselves in such a way that they win a majority. Incumbents always have a heck of a head start. So it is going to be interesting.

ShallowsNole

Beach Fanatic
Jun 22, 2005
Pt Washington
That poll that was ran on waltonsun.com for the last couple of weeks put Adkinson at 60%. I here he has already raised over $15K. Of course no way of knowing until the reports in April, but if that is the case..........

Personally, I wish them all luck. I am really interested in seeing how someone runs a race with that many candidates and is able to define themselves in such a way that they win a majority. Incumbents always have a heck of a head start. So it is going to be interesting.

Discovered this afternoon that another person is thinking about running, as an independent. Wanted to tell him please don't eff this up more than it already is, but there were children around. :bang:

Heck, I'm starting to wonder what would happen if I threw my bra into the ring. :rotfl: Maybe Fuzz can cut his long-range plan short and go ahead and run too! :clap: Let's see how many people we can possibly fit onto the ballot. It's already shot anyway.

Alicia Leonard

SoWal Insider
Discovered this afternoon that another person is thinking about running, as an independent. Wanted to tell him please don't eff this up more than it already is, but there were children around. :bang:

Heck, I'm starting to wonder what would happen if I threw my bra into the ring. :rotfl: Maybe Fuzz can cut his long-range plan short and go ahead and run too! :clap: Let's see how many people we can possibly fit onto the ballot. It's already shot anyway.

Then we can say, "she's the sheriff.":clap:

You guys are really freaked out by the mere prospect that ralphie will get reelected. That cannot happen! What should scare everyone is that none of these guys appear to be all that strong in the public and none are overwhelmingly qualified. So we will probably trade one set of problems for another. And the number of candidates already in would seem to exclude anyone else from entering, although stranger things have happened. Right now I would rank the relative strength of the candidates as:

1. adkinson
2. wise
3. cornman
4. johnson
5 sconiers
6. brown
7. macon

It will be interesting to see how they finish, but none are particularly outstanding at this point. Last time the field was much more distinguished and qualified. (Quinn, chapman, baker, mckee)

ShallowsFuzz

Beach Lover
Dec 26, 2006
Point Washington
Ok, I've had it. It's official. I am running. I am running for the county line. :D:funn: