• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Photohosting

New posts
I haven't used a photosharing/hosting website before, so I have a couple of questions: Do you use the site for what you'd consider "disposable" photos, i.e., photos you don't really need to save?
I can definitely see the advantage for things like eBay--I could transfer my photos to the site and dump the original photo files off my hard drive, plus I can access them from any computer. Correct?
Any help/advice/tips would be greatly appreciated.
 
peapod, you're right, and so is ro. i use photobucket to host large format photos, and to not take up bandwidth of the boards, and i really haven't mastered setting up folders in the member's photo area.

sometimes the hosting site's servers will go down, but the big names that ro mentioned should be safe. in the larger scheme of things, photos take up no space on a HD, so i really never get rid of them. i may burn them to CD every now and then.

btw, have you used picasa yet, from google? check it out.

jr
 
We do both Photobucket and Picasa.
Picasa is really nice, but isn't it just a photo organizer (I mean, rather than a hosting site)?
Picasa
 
To answer my own question--I see that Picasa is now testing their web version and I just downloaded it.
 
I do like Picasa a lot - very clean application, and the price is right. I've also used www.smugmug.com for several years now - very nice.

I wish SoWal's photo hosting had the same functionality - but I'm not sure if Kurt has control over that aspect :confused: Appears to be somewhat boiler-plate other than the standard admin settings.

Regardless, I do enjoy the albums - there are some amazing shots posted there by Kurt and others :clap_1:
_________________________________________
 
I have just started playing around with Picasa, but have been using photobucket for a while now, and it's really easy once you get the hang of it.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top