• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Political correctness

New posts
I think everyone should just be able to speak their minds...period. It would be nice if one would simply not attempt to insult another just for the sake of being insulting. After all, it is easier to get a point across without the nasty shock values some use to verbally slap others in the face. I think it just serves to communicate better and allows us to be seen as ladies and gentlemen...even if we aren't. It works for me. Is that political correctness? Maybe not, but it is common sense.
 
Last edited:
But, Bob, was I beating around the 'bush?'

While your post #15, I respect, you still haven't addressed how I was beating around the 'bush.' I don't even know what that means. I can surmise, but I think giving you the opportunity to explain what you meant by that is more fair.

And, I quote:

you are beating around the "bush" lynnie
 
from blazing saddles: Taggart: What do you want me to do, sir?
Hedley Lamarr: I want you to round up every vicious criminal and gunslinger in the west. Take this down.
[Taggart looks for a pen and paper while Hedley talks]
Hedley Lamarr: I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, ****-kickers and Methodists.
Taggart: [finding pen and paper] Could you repeat that, sir?
 
Bob, respectfully, don't make assumptions about me. OK?

You won't answer a simple question and you are the one beating around the bush. Notice that I didn't place quotes around bush. Your issue.

I'm done.
 
But, Bob, was I beating around the 'bush?'

While your post #15, I respect, you still haven't addressed how I was beating around the 'bush.' I don't even know what that means. I can surmise, but I think giving you the opportunity to explain what you meant by that is more fair.

And, I quote:

you are beating around the "bush" lynnie

the reference is to gw, and i believe you were rationalizing the argument of government trampling individual rights.
 
Hedley Lamarr: If you will just sign this, Governor. Right here.
Governor William J. Le Petomane: Yes, yes. What the hell is it?
Hedley Lamarr: Well, under the provisions of this bill, we would snatch two hundred thousand acres of Indian land, which we have deemed unsuitable for their use at this time. They're such children.
Governor William J. Le Petomane: Two hundred thousand acres? Two hundred thousand acres? What'll it cost, man, what'll it cost?
Hedley Lamarr: [brings out a carton of paddleballs] A box of these.
Governor William J. Le Petomane: Are you crazy? They'll never go for it. And then again they might. Those little red devils... they love toys!
 
the reference is to gw, and i believe you were rationalizing the argument of government trampling individual rights.

Your belief is wholly incorrect. But, that's how bullies communicate. Next time ask. Your assumption made a ASS of you, NOT me.

It took you this long to express where you were in that thought? Pity!

Cheerio and sleep tight! :wave:
 
Your belief is wholly incorrect. But, that's how bullies communicate. Next time ask. Your assumption made a ASS of you, NOT me.

It took you this long to express where you were in that thought? Pity!

Cheerio and sleep tight! :wave:
you waited that long to call me an ass? was it good for you? individually or collectively?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top